Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2004, 03:58   #1
Ex-captain

Boat: FP Belize 43 cat (2001)
Thumbs up Thanks a lot Amphibian

Dear cruising sailors and wannabes

Amphibian called me today and told me about the "HORNY GIRL WANTS YOU" posts.

I'm sorry I haven't been around to remove those posts and the user. Now they're gone.

I have given Amphibian administrative rights now, so she can keep a closer look at the board and remove unwanted material.

Thanks a lot Amphibian!

"What's important in life is not how many breaths we get to take,
but those moments that take our breath away"

Jaques Cousteau
Gisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2004, 02:29   #2
Captain

Gee, all I did was to search the phone directory for a guy in Hurum named Gisle. The rest was easy, as he was the only one there. Actually, I fly over his area once in a while – next time maybe I’ll circle his house. We all (?) remember how it was to be young and simultaneously build home, family, and career. Gisle builds websites, too.

Greatly honoured by promotion to Captain. This forum takes care of itself, so it will be an easy job: Just weed out what the members decide doesn’t fit in.

The only sailing I’ve done singlehandedly is in a seaplane: When winds get above 20 kts the craft resists turning downwind after landing. Thus the only option is to cut power, lower flaps and sail backwards. Then restart engine for docking.

Wonder if it’s ok to start a thread about this type of vessel (“winged multihull”) in the slow section “Cruising Destinations - Polar Regions”, to avoid going off-topic in other threads?

So far I've found 3 aviators here: Troubledour is an experienced private pilot, Gisle told me he once worked towards a floatplane rating, and CSYMan has been a professional seaplane pilot in Alaska and the Caribbean.

The latter placed this link in an aviators’ forum, and I instantly felt at home here. Sitting in front of a PC all day at work, I keep the forum open and occasionally drop in to keep my spirits up. Thanks again Gisle, for establishing this wonderful meeting place.

Amphibian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2004, 15:29   #3
Ex-captain

Question Marine aviation

Is "Marine aviation" a good category title?

I just put in one forum so far. Please tell me how you want it

Jaques Cousteau
Old 22-06-2004, 17:30   #4

Send a message via AIM to Cool Change
Flying

I spent a number of years flying in the "Royal Danish Airforce". Got a bad case of wanderlust and left that beautiful country for Canada where I joined the Canadian armed
Forces. Flew C-130's (Herkey Birds) DeHavilland Carribu's and Buffalo's. Later moved south to the US, went into business (Commercial Construction Financing) Bought a Merlin IIB to be able to service my clients all over the eastern US.
Finally saw the light, i.e. there is more to life than working and accumulating $$$$$$. Bought a nice 44' Beneteau and became a sailing "Bum". Have never looked back. I'm actually selling the Beneteau (Closing 6/25/04) and buying a 35' Prout Catamaran, it will be a lot easier to single hand So, yes there are other Pilot on this board.
Ib
s/v Cool Change II
Cool Change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2004, 00:40   #5
Captain

Wow, this is dizzying! Gisle - you sure don't waste much time.

A special seaplane section, how about that! The name "Marine Aviation" is just perfect. On the bus home yesterday I pondered on the name for a timid thread in a non-obtrusive section. And before I knew it, you had built a whole hangar!

The term seaplanes cover both floatplanes and hullplanes. Yes please, then I'd like for the forum to be called "Winged multihulls and flying boats".

Now sailors with flying experience as well as wannabe's can do their "hangar talk" there, so that we don't go off-topic in sailing threads. CSYMan is gonna have a fit when he logs on after his cruise. We used to talk float flying in an aviators forum.

COOL CHANGE - isn't it funny that so many leave aviation for sailing and cruising? I'd like to know the reasons. Maybe you can join me in the new section? Aviators gone cruising!!!

Gotta rush over and settle into my new home (while also trying to do my job, of course). Gisle - you know this means a floatplane ride for you? But NOT until your house is finished, as one can get addicted just like with sailing...

Love ya, guys!
Amphibian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2004, 08:45   #6
Ex-captain

Talking Looking forward to it !!!

That's great Amphibian. I'm looking forward to the floatplane ride

Jaques Cousteau
Old 17-04-2005, 02:54   #7
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
Well....

How did the float plane ride go..?

Amphib babe: I met somebody today that knows ya and I picked his brain about ya...

Gisle:

Are ya still alive and kicking?

Somebody thought ya were in the Thai region when the Tsunami hit this winter.....?

Or are ya home in Norway finishing a house..?

(Brrr...Too cold back there in the old country, why don't ya all grow up and join the tropics..The water is warm, jump in )
CSY Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 11:51   #8
Captain

CSY:
Of course nothing has happened yet! When it does, it will be duly announced on the forum. Wanted to make sure Gisle had finished the house before taking him for a ride. After all, people have been known to acquire addictions after trying it only once...

GISLE:
Seaplane base open now, 6 aircraft already on the water. Eagerly awaiting my favourite, the Piper Cub. Aiming to pick you up sometime May/June – just say the word.