Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2010, 07:42   #1

Regular Scheduled Maintenance Costs?

As I prepare to jump into my lifelong dream of learning to sail and purchasing a boat I can live aboard, I need to get an idea of what kind of regular scheduled maintenance I should plan for and what the cost is. How often must I have the boat out of the water? Is the required maintenance expensive?
I read somewhere that living aboard a boat requires a minimum of 2 hours per day spent on maintenance and repair. I can live with that, and actually look forward to caring for my own boat, taking pride in her and learning from her. Is 2 hours about normal? I'm sorry if my questions sound ridiculous, but I am just beginning the journey and believe in good research and planning before I take too big a step.
I appreciate any and all input provided. Thanks.
flatspaddler is offline   Reply With Quote