Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 13:24   #1

poco, new boat and questions

Hello everyone, Im nineteen and have bought my first boat, Its a pretty boat with an interesting history, built for the 1980 ostar, has crossed the atlantic twice and few bermuda trips.

I am restoring the interior and have a few questions.

Where i removed the electronic switchboards from the bulkhead, I am left with a two gaping holes and would be happy for some suggestions as to how to either cover them fill them use something other to cover them.

I will also be painting the bulkheads white because i think the teaks a little far gone for restoration. some of the veneer has come off and to fill these indentations for a uniform finish, would epoxy and sawdust work? or is there a sort of putty like bondo maybe?

there was as astroturf ish cabin liner in the quarter berths which ive ripped out and a glue residue was left, I am not sure if i paint over the left over residue after a sanding if it will be presentable or not.(another question concerning sanding do you need to work up to very fine grits, 200, 400 for painting the bulkheads and interior?) If it isnt presentable is their a cheap and practical other kind of cabin liner out there?

petelesperance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 14:54   #2

Boat: Watkins 27
Nice for your first new to you boat. My I suggest you drop over to this board it has a bunch of great people that can really help you out on advice. Trailer Sailor Discussion Forum - Message Index

Lostmt is offline   Reply With Quote