I took apart the timer control to see what was the matter.
Aparently L1-L2 are internally connected by a threaded brass rivet and copper plates.
On mine this internal connection failed between rivet and plate. No visible failure was visible.
An easy fix was to jumper L1 and L2 on the outside of the timer.
This timer is electrically simple with only 2 switch circuits.
The power feeds in on a single
terminal T2 (T1)
when handle is rotated all the way on, power is fed to L1 and L2.
L2 feeds power to the small mixer motor
in the first chamber of the tank.
When timer handle hits the treatment stage, power is sent on to T3 from L2 and L1 which are internally connected, (but no external attachment wire was originally furnished on the timer for L1.)
T3 simply energizes the large power relay sending power to the ammeter and titanium plate electrolyser (acid maker acidifies both chambers) and the large macerator motor
in the second chamber.
when timer is finished connection is severed from T2(T1) and L2 thereby killing power to T3.
An improvement to the fuses
in the control unit are to replace the 30 and 40 amp fuses
with self resetting 30 and 40 amp inline breakers. These just snap into the spaces a fuse would normally be placed.
Inside the timer, I decided to solder the brass rivets to the copper plates for extra insurance
that the electricity will flow.
The timer comes apart easily.
Remove the 2 large long screws on the front the side with handle.
pull covering metal cylinder off black plastic timer base
remove 2 small screws holding mechanical timer to electrical
black plastic base.
carefully remove timer mechanism from electrical
base. (note position of the mechanical timer in relation to the base)
off small spring holding brown phenolic plate and remove that plate
then you can see the mechanical switches and brown phenolic switch arm. That first plate seems to hold no purpose. It does not move, I did not look too close at the function.
When reassembling timer to electric
base, the spring loaded brown phenolic switch arm is pushed back slightly by the timer mechanism pin, so there is a tiny amount of tension as you line up the 2 screws.
I know likely few people have this mechanical timer. But the thing is very simple and was easy to fix. Dont want to spend hundreds for the new setup.