Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-04-2008, 17:13   #1

Boat: C&C Landfall 35 HiHo
Yannmar fuel Injector Pump Removal

I have a Yannmar HM that I need to replace the stop lever assembly so I need to pull the timming cover. I understand that I must remove the remove the fuel injection pump first. I have everything disconected from the pump and it is loose put I can't lift out, something catches when I lift it up about a 1/4 of an inch. I have the regulator handle and side plate off but have not removed the regulator lever itself and can see the fuel control rack just clear the fork but that is it. I have Yannmar repair manual which says I must remove the regulator lever but it doesn't tell me how so I'm at a loss. It would appear as though it needs to be removed from the inside, but I'm not sure how or if I need any special tools to reach in there. Any help or insight would be most appreciated.

Steve
Hi Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:37   #2
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Did you center the rack before pulling it out
Inlet Marine Services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:31   #3

Thanks for the reply! I did move the regulator handle in an attempt to move the rack and it let me raise the pump to the point where the rack pin just cleared the fork on the regulator. The pump seemed to shift to the side but I still could'nt raise it even to the top of the studs. I have not disconnected any springs on the regulator or removed anything inside associated with the regulator. just from the pictures in the manual it would appear that it should just lift out, the manual does indcate that the fuel rack pin does need to be lined up with a slot to lift freely but I don't think I'm getting the pump up high enough to be at that point. Any furture help you can give me is most appreciated.

Steve
Old 03-05-2008, 19:21   #4

I got the pump out, thanks for the help!

Tags
fuel, fuel pump, injector pump, removal