Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2014, 14:13   #1

Boat: 1986 Irwin 38 CC MKII... Free Wind
Send a message via AIM to ScottyIrwin
Yanmar 4jh engine stop solenoid bracket

Hello all, looking for a picture of a bracket for an engine stop solenoid on a yanmar 4jhe, 4jh2e, or a 4jh2-dte. Yanmar part 129470-67300. A good picture with a tape measure on it would be great. I'm looking to fab one up. My boat did not come with the engine stop solenoid. If anyone has a spare kicking around and you want to sell it for a reasonable price, let me know. Also looking for a solenoid too.
ScottyIrwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 12:13   #2

Re: Yanmar 4jh engine stop solenoid bracket

I'm also looking for the same part or looking to fabricate the same part for the Yanmar solenoid bracket. Were you able to find one to measure from? Looks easy enough to make one if you know the measurements. I need these three parts:
129470-67300 bracket
129470-67310 link (also very easy to make if I know the dimensions)
171078-66551 pin (this part might be harder to make myself but not too hard).

Thank you!
Endeavour51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 07:08   #3

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 37

Hi there
Did any of you find the dimension of this Bracket?
Jacob
Psc242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:55   #4

Boat: Morgan Classic 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psc242 View Post
Hi there
Did any of you find the dimension of this Bracket?
Jacob
Well here's a picture of the bracket, which is kind of irrelevant

if you were to use a solenoid like this:

available here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-stop-solenoid.html

for about 45.00 usd delivered, because you have the engine (i.e. the engine mount dimension) and the solenoid mount dimension would come from the solenoid itself.

I don't mean to say that the above mentioned solenoid will absolutely work; whether it is push or pull to stop, voltage, stroke and strength of stroke are all to be considered.

I assume you're trying to get around Yanmar's roughly 350.00 (500.00 if you add the harnesses and relay) cost for the bracket, solenoid and associated hardware. I'm just showing that there are options...

The real root of my post here is actually a recent post from a sailor who damaged his engine from a lack of a shutdown or alarm, my point is that with the widespread availability of these components and ease of obtaining them, there's no real reason for these 'accidents' to happen. A 10.00 pressure switch, a 10.00 temp switch, a 50.00 solenoid, some wiring, a little basic engineering and labor and one's protected.

Of course; full disclosure, my shutdown system is a manual cable, my alarm system is an oil pressure and water temperature gauge, and of course my eyes, ears, nose and skin...
jimbunyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:14   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Endeavour & Jacob.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:23   #6

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 37

jimbunyard
I am not trying to save money. I ordered the bracket from TOAD Supply and informed later that they don't have it in stock and now there is delay for the part coming from Japan.
It is difficult for me to reach the place to measure the distance between the holes on the Engine and the distance between the Holes to the end of the bracket (where the solenoid is attached). If I can get this dimensions? I can build the Bracket myself.
Thanks
Psc242 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, yanmar