Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2008, 18:28   #1

Boat: 83 27' hunter "SALTY DAWG"
i Have a Yanmar Engine Manual...

its the stock manual from yanmar that came with my boat, its dated '81. it covers all 4 engine ( 1gm 2gm 3 gm 4 gm ). it is in 4 languages and is about 3/8 inch thick. it covers everything from installation to bleeding, oil changes etc. if any wants a copy i can make a set and mail em to ya for just shipping fees. or if i can get my scanner working i can email them to anyone who wants it. the best is if some one here has a site that they can be uploaded to for every one

scott
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 12:24   #2

Yanmar Manual

Sir,
I would like to have a copy of this manual.My address is

Mr.Oktay Çemberci
Kırklar Sokak No:7
34453 Büyükdere,İstanbul,
Turkey

Please inform me your bank account to pay shipping Cost.
Thank You,
Oktay Çemberci
oktay@cembercidenizcilik.com
çemberci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 13:22   #3

Boat: Hunter 34 - Rapid Transit
Hey, I just made a post because I'm looking for that exact manual! That is great. Can you please get in touch with me? I will gladly pay the shipping costs. I can even try to arrange to an ftp upload to my server if anyone else is interested.

Eric Dufresne
823, 5e Avenue
Verdun (Quebec)
H4G 2Z4
emandufresne@hotmail.com
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 13:23   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
You might post your offer to:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ls-8758-4.html

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 20:54   #5

Boat: Sunbeam, 37, Ziamar
I guess I'll post this here and in the link that Gord suggests.
I recently "downloaded" a Yanmar Manual. It says for models: 2GM20(F)(V)(C) AND 3GM30(F)(V)(C). I don't have any idea what years it covers...probably all of the relevant ones. I only have the English part of it. It is about 66 pages long and has a lot of information. I also have a Yanmar manual that I downloaded that is titled "Maintenance of Pleasureboat Diesel Engine GM Series. It is the routine day to day maintenance instructions and only 10 pages long. Both are pdf files. I could figure out where to place them on some kind of download server so everyone could get to them, if there is interest.
I am still looking for a digital copy of a shop manual. Most of the stuff I've seen on the web have been sort of general diesel shop books, not a real Yanmar shop manual.

Bill
Bill_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 01:35   #6

Boat: 1973 Morgan 36T
Quote:
I am still looking for a digital copy of a shop manual. Most of the stuff I've seen on the web have been sort of general diesel shop books, not a real Yanmar shop manual.
Bill. This might be good. Shop Manual, all English, about 240 pages. 60 mb PDF file.

I found it here :

Yanmar motoren
Morgan Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 08:32   #7

Thanks Paul!! I had only started to search for manuals. You've saved me some time. That's a pretty good shop manual!

My plan is to have most of the manuals for things on the boat in digital form on my computer. That way I can have a more complete set of information without filling all of my storage lockers with paper. I've got a pretty good printer for the times when I need hard copy. Maybe that's a bad idea in case my laptop dies but...
Old 19-09-2008, 09:04   #8
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

www.cascadeengine.com, on the start page click on manuals, agree, click on yanmar, marine and select your model and down load for free
Inlet Marine Services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2008, 08:06   #9

Boat: Wibo 930
I looking for manual of Yanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
its the stock manual from yanmar that came with my boat, its dated '81. it covers all 4 engine ( 1gm 2gm 3 gm 4 gm ). it is in 4 languages and is about 3/8 inch thick. it covers everything from installation to bleeding, oil changes etc. if any wants a copy i can make a set and mail em to ya for just shipping fees. or if i can get my scanner working i can email them to anyone who wants it. the best is if some one here has a site that they can be uploaded to for every one

scott

Hello Scott, I found on page European PT Cruiser Forum, Your information.

Tell me please, have You posible to send me this manual by .pdf on my e-mail or only by normal post??
I will be very greteful for this .pdf, because I have this engine but I don't know a lot of thinks about them.

Thank You and best regards,Michal Ratajczak

My email: tygrysek85@o2.pl or rejsymorskie@gmail.com
Halogenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2008, 14:15   #10

Boat: Catalina 30
Send a message via Yahoo to anjinsan
Yanmar

Quote:

scott
Scott, I need one...just bought a Pearson 36/2..don't know anything about it and need as much help as I can get!! also interested in Pearson Salvaged parts..lots of stuff was stolen from this boat while it sat in the ship yard waiting to be sold..thanks
Anjinsan
anjinsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2008, 15:10   #11

Yanmar

Quote:

scott
Scott..you can contact me at gwbarlows@yahoo.com re the manual
thanks
Old 26-12-2008, 07:58   #12

I have a few of the manuals in pdf format. A Yanmar Diesel Inboard shop manual for 1, 2, and 3 cylinder models. A Yanmar Operation Manual for 2GM and 3GM models. And a short manual of maintenance procedures for GM engines.

I can email them. Probably the best way to contact me is through a private message here on the forum. It might take me a week to respond because of all of the holiday stuff going on.
Old 27-12-2008, 05:07   #13

wlearl, please put me on your list. I can be reached at gwbarlows@yahoo.com or here. Have not learned how to send a private message yet. Thanks to all
Old 02-01-2009, 10:32   #14
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Hello, free down load @ www.cascadeengine.com click on manuals, yanmar, marine and find the model you have. Free just down load
Inlet Marine Services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:58   #15

Boat: Sceptre 41
Hi IMS:

I have the Yanmar 4JH4E. I couldn't find that manual on your website. Is it a different engine or do I have the model number wrong. My understanding is that it is a 56 hp naturally asperated yanmar.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, yanmar