Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-02-2019, 01:01   #16

Re: What is history of Dean Boats & Xquisite Catamarans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbonder View Post
Interested in your thoughts on the X5 tech. I thought of the tech as standard stuff except for the inteface. The only novel thing about the tech was that it is all setup to run from an ipad, which is kind of cool. But, I can imagine in five years the iPad would be old and as weird as runnng a sailboat’s system with a palm pilot.

Did you investigate it at all? I did not and now wish I did.I think they said the same controls are available on the chart plotter. So, i assume interface can be updated or altered to a more traditional monitoring/control system if needed.

I’ll be on that Privelege for 4 nights in June and report back. I love it overall. Some minor concerns about the galley and where to put scuba tanks/compressor. But, I am sure that can all be solved. Now I just need to see how they all sail.

I didn’t really investigate the tech very much. I more overheard some things. I understand the systems can be run from an iPad as well as the chart plotter. This is not unusual for many boat functions but I believe Exquisite takes it to a more complex level.

I do love the interior of the X5 but I tend to be drawn to more traditional design and the exterior was a bit of a turn off.
rallyman1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 23:15   #17

Boat: St Francis 48Turbo
Re: What is history of Dean Boats & Xquisite Catamarans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM57 View Post
No affiliation with Xquisite. I am however the owner of a yacht currently in production.

If you want to talk with Tamas, call him and make an appointment. The X-5 was not on my radar until about 6 weeks before the Annapolis Sailboat Show. Prior to that I was focused on the Leopards, Knysna and Nautitech. A few days prior to the show I called Tamas, requested information (which he promptly sent) and made an appointment to get a tour of the X-5. Tamas took a lot of time to answer my questions and discuss any concerns I had.

Best of luck in your search. Not an easy decision, for sure.
That's interesting.. I found Tamas to be very easy to talk to at shows and the X5/Dean was my favourite cat. However when I wanted a closer look at the Dean he had for sale (I've never actually been on one whilst it was moving) and was willing to fly 4000 miles to do so..he suggested I rent it at $25k ... That put me off so I've gone back to looking at alternatives. If I was selling I'm sure I'd be willing to take someone out for a few hours if they are willing to fly across the world to look at it, but maybe that's just me.
Heath68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, catamaran, history