Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2022, 18:15   #46

Boat: Tartan 40
Neel 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark424 View Post
Not everyone in the world is a native english speaker. I don't want to be judged on my spelling and grammar, so I don't judge others. I've been in lots of foreign countries and the native speakers have always been very gracious and helpful. Try it.

Apologies for the tone. It’s tough not to judge someone who devoted a website to slandering Neel (apparently) and then misspelled the words.
malbert73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2022, 07:23   #47

Boat: NEEL 51 15.99m
Re: Neel 51

We are only now discovering your post !
After 3 years of sailing on a NEEL 51, here is what we can answer.

1 - the water comes in through the back of the boat and the water regularly comes up to the cockpit door.

2 - NEEL's argument about the stability of the trimaran is only valid in flat sea. In case of rough seas, it is a very different situation.

We share with you our research on the subject that we have published on our blog:
NEEL 51 - WILLIWAW - Post "A trimaran is thus much more stable than a catamaran".

We give the link to a study on the "stability of Multihulls" by Jean SANS, a renowned French maritime expert

Have a good reading
NEEL51WILLIWAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2022, 07:57   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbert73 View Post
Apologies for the tone. It’s tough not to judge someone who devoted a website to slandering Neel (apparently) and then misspelled the words.
Hello Malbert,
We just want to share our experience with concrete and non-controversial facts as validated by a judicial expert.
We are French speaking and rely on automatic translation software. We are sorry to have offended your sensibility by using an inappropriate term.
We have not paraphrased anything but simply used the words of the Dutch-speaking forensic expert so as not to be accused of distorting reality.
It is for the sake of accuracy that we have left the terms used by the forensic expert and certainly not to appear conluent.
A forensic expert is an expert appointed by a court to provide an expert report. This one is contractual: the parties intervene all along the expertise operations.
In Europe it is a formal provision.

*** Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator ***
Old 27-02-2022, 08:18   #49

The active link to our post :
NEEL 51 - WILLIWAW - Post "A trimaran is thus much more stable than a catamaran".

https://neel51williwaw.wixsite.com/c...aran-1?lang=en
Old 21-03-2022, 09:02   #50

Boat: Maverick 440

The final legal report is posted and very damning. I’d never purchase ANY boat built by Neel

https://neel51williwaw.wixsite.com/c...EQmDcLNLNCd2RQ
dalav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2022, 13:59   #51

Quote:

The definition of slandering has two key parts FALSE and DAMAGING.
Williwaw does seem to make statements damaging to Neel, I was wondering which of those you determined to also be false?
KC375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2022, 14:43   #52

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

Just surprising to me what NEEL abviously misconstucted proven by juristical facts and Neel gets still supported by people that offend a sailor that made the whole report public to make sure a potential buyer and owners are aware of the flaws and safety issues this Neel 51 have.
Thank you for posting that... And its a catastrophe how Neel deals with this.

Well the Neel 43 is now of my lists of upgrade cats/tri. how neel reacts to this serious issues is not a manufacturer I trust and support doesn't matter how good or bad the other models are.
CaptainRivet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2022, 14:50   #53

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

Quote:
Be happy someone makes all the ******** public that Neel produced and states. That this is clearly stated in a court case shows how severe the issues with the neel 51 are.
People should be happy to get this kind of info. That Neel after that not recalled all 51 shows they give a f... about their customers.
CaptainRivet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2022, 12:47   #54

Boat: Neel 43

Just came around this thread...very interesting. I've done test sailings with all their Tri (except the 65) and found them very pleasant. Build quality, esp. when it comes to wooden interiours, definitely needs improvement (plain surfaces are the cheapest to build, and esp. there the doors should not stick....)
Finally I have ordered the 43. Lets see once it gets delivered....
COOGOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2022, 12:54   #55

Boat: Neel 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalav8r View Post
The final legal report is posted and very damning. I’d never purchase ANY boat built by Neel

https://neel51williwaw.wixsite.com/c...EQmDcLNLNCd2RQ

Was that the boat that was recently sold with 'structural damages' and 'taking water' (on boat24 it was I think...)?
COOGOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2022, 13:48   #56
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore

Thanks!

I have a bid pending to delivery a Need this fall--- going to be tracking this thread.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote