Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2017, 07:47   #1

Boat: Leopard 45 (2001)
HELP WITH NEW SAIL PURCHASE

I have sailed for many years and just purchased a Leopard 45 (2001) in St Marten. I need some info. may bring the boat back to Ft Lauderdale in June.

1. Main & jib sizes for this boat?
2. Material suggestions?
3. Where to buy?

Thank you in Advance
Gregg & Kelley
S/v WanderLust
lazerfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 08:29   #2

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!
Re: HELP WITH NEW SAIL PURCHASE

There are more choices that 10 people put together have fingers & toes, but Hydranet (fabric) seems a popular one for sails in boat about this size. Though you really need to talk to several different sailmakers, in addition to doing some self-education on the topic. Both here on the forums, & online in general. There's no shortage of honest opinions about these kinds of things. Which is good, given that sailmakers don't always give you a 100% honest answer. Though, of course, neither do folks on free online forums

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 08:52   #3

Boat: Carter offshore 35
Re: HELP WITH NEW SAIL PURCHASE

Precision Sail. Check their web site they probably have your boat listed and can get an idea of price from there. They are always running sales that will end up cheaper. You can talk to them on the phone and they will be very helpful. I got mine there and have been very happy with them. I also purchased a set from Hong Kong Sail they were nice but you really need to know what you are talking about they don't offer any help and you get exactly what you say right or wrong. Precision was very helpful.
DeborahLee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, sail