Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2008, 17:47   #1

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Clark (or Clarke) Designed Catamaran

Anyone have information on a designer of cats on Maui named Clark or Clarke? Our club has inherited a Clark designed and built catamaran with paper thin hulls and 32 feet long and 17 feet wide. I'm trying to get some additional information about it if it is available.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 22:33   #2

Clark Catamarans

I used to make sails for these catamarans. Kirk Clark is now living on the island of Molokai in Hawaii. I don't know if he uses email and he does not take phone calls because he has hearing loss. There are probably quite a few Hawaiian Catamaran owners here in Hawaii.

His first was the Hawaiian 24.

Aloha,
Mary
mlspadaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 22:52   #3

Aloha Mary,
Thanks for the information. I didn't know he was on Molokai. I might be able to track him down.
Kind regards,
Old 22-10-2009, 23:07   #4

Clark Catamarans

If you are unsuccessful, I may be able to provide a phone number that will reach his wife. I believe he is also involved in Hawaiian Sailing Canoes now and reaching him through that group might be your best chance for success.

His boats are great performers. I lost track of them after the 30 ft. came out. I sailed several times on Xcaliber, the first Hawaiian 30 that had black sails and hull. It was a speed demon.

What are you doing with your Hawaiian 32? I travel to the Big Island for about 1 week each month to work on my parents house in Wakoloa Village. Would love to go for a sail on a Hawaiian Cat again...

Is it possible to email offline on this forum? If so, I'll send my phone number.

Aloha,
Mary
Old 17-10-2010, 23:02   #5

A friend is looking at a Hawaiian 32 do you have any more info?

Thanks
Reba
rebatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 00:59   #6

Hawaiian catamarans

Hi Reba,

Sorry, can't tell you any more than what is in my Oct 2009 post.
Old 18-10-2010, 11:45   #7

Aloha Mary,
Sorry I missed a couple of your posts. The club had owned the Clark cat and has sold it. It is being rebuilt up the Volcano highway somewhere.
Another of the old beach cats "Makani Kai" has been sold to woman here in Hilo who is restoring it. It was used in an Elvis Presley movie filmed on Oahu many years ago.
The Kona Sailing Club invites folks to come sail with them during their races usually on Sundays. They are at Honokahau. Good bunch of folks.
kind regards,
Old 18-10-2010, 14:59   #8

Hawaiian Cats, Kona Sailing Club

Hey John,

What's the best way to get one of those Sunday crew spots? Can it be a last minute thing? I live on Oahu but come over monthly to work. Never know if I'm going to have the time to play or not.

aloha,
mary
Old 27-01-2011, 14:27   #9

I have a Kirk Clark catamaran that was stretched to a 35 ft. for sale in Oahu, Hawaii on the north shore town of Haleiwa.

Please contact me at 954-816-4135 or e-mail me at kirkelder007 <at> hotmail <dot> com
Kirk Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 01:39   #10

Boat: cape george 36
Re: Clark (or Clarke) Designed Catamaran

If Mary or anyone else would like to sail on the Clark desiged "Makani Kai" sailing out of Hilo bay just let me know here. I am friends with the owner, Melinda
KeaauCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 05:37   #11
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Clark (or Clarke) Designed Catamaran

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Kirk Elder & KeaauCruiser.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 16:06   #12

Re: Clark Catamarans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlspadaro View Post
If you are unsuccessful, I may be able to provide a phone number that will reach his wife. I believe he is also involved in Hawaiian Sailing Canoes now and reaching him through that group might be your best chance for success.

His boats are great performers. I lost track of them after the 30 ft. came out. I sailed several times on Xcaliber, the first Hawaiian 30 that had black sails and hull. It was a speed demon.

What are you doing with your Hawaiian 32? I travel to the Big Island for about 1 week each month to work on my parents house in Wakoloa Village. Would love to go for a sail on a Hawaiian Cat again...

Is it possible to email offline on this forum? If so, I'll send my phone number.

Aloha,
Mary
Aloha Mary,
I am looking for a Hawaiian Cat, in the 20-30' range as a project. I have not been able to find much information about them online, but I have seen them in some videos and on the beach/moored at Kaneohe Yacht Club. If you could give me any information about these boats or some contact information, please text or call me @ 808.308.4445.
Thanks, Kawika
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (4).jpg
Views:	141
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	187485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (3).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	187486  

kawikasails808 is offline   Reply With Quote