Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2009, 14:41   #1

Anyone Know this Trimaran 'Nonchalant' ?

Hi,
Does anyone know this Trimaran currently lying here near David in Panama.
Here's the link; nonchalant Apparently she has been renamed "Papilllon" (although it doesn't look a bit like Steve McQueen to me)
Anyway, I'm looking for a multihull - I have an iron in the fire but it's best to keep options open I think) and I'm going to visit this boat between the holidays so I'll know more then.
A coupe of things stand out to me; It's a wee bit pricey (British understatement) and I'm not sure how I'd do with the "pastel colours throughout) I'm wondering if it's all "fur coat and no knickers" as we say in Scotland.
Seriously, I've been told these are decent boats but I was wondering if anyone had come across her in the past.
I'm looking to start a casual day charter business here, nothing overly serious but I still want a decent boat.
I hope you all have a super Christmas (or whichever Holiday floats your boat) and a safe, happy and prosperous New Year. May you receive a thousand fold that which you wish others.
Ecosse.
Ecosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 09:37   #2

Boat: 40' Maine Cat
Ecosse,
I am starting to hunt for a cruising trimaran and like these big Cross designs. Did you have a look at Papillon? I am curious. Did you make an offer? What was your impression?
All the Best,
jdaltonpe
jdaltonpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 15:33   #3

Tri Papillon or Nonchalant

Dear jdaltonp,
I did visit the boat here in Chiriqui, Panama. It has been well gone over in virtually every cosmetic aspect visible to an initial inspection. Without a more experienced eye or survey I couldn't tell you whether she's just a very, very clean boat or, as I said in my post, all fur coat and no knickers. The young man who showed us the boat was very accommodating and if you felt the urge to contact him I'm sure he could answer more of your questions. His name is Olivier Dax and he can be reached on the boats website nonchalant
I'm looking for a large enough Cat or Tri to start a very casual day charter/fishing business here in Panama but the deck configuration on this tri, roomy though it is, didn't suit my needs all that well. I believe the asking price is $200K which I also thought was a wee bit steep but I have to say, somone has a put a lot of work into the boat very recently.
Good luck in your search and if you decide to visit this little paradise we call Panama let me know.
Ecosse.
Ecosse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trimaran