Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2019, 19:29   #1

Boat: Columbia 9.6
Viko S35

Hello,

Just found this on youtube. Viko S35 is cruising/racing sailboat ? Starting from 56k~ USD(50k Euro)

Looks like a lot for that price.

Sorry didn't find a video in english.

What you all thinking ?
Pavel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 20:05   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds
Re: Viko S35

I saw the 30 advertised for $66,000 (49,950 pounds) so I don’t believe that number for the larger boat. I also don’t believe it for the thirty either although the review i saw said it wasn’t very well fitted out.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 06:26   #3

Boat: Sabre 402

He essentially says that is the base price... each boat is done "individually" according to the owner's needs. My German vocabulary doesn't include words for rope clutches, cleats, winches, winch handles, windlasses, sails, sheets, halyards, head, plumbing, auxiliary power, bilge pumps, anchors, chain, lifelines, life jackets, liferaft, or MOB equipment. Perhaps the quote doesn't include them either. There's also no keel on the boat in the video. Is that extra?
psk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 07:04   #4

Boat: Columbia 9.6

I did watch a russian review on youtube , he was saying the version you see with all the equipments is worth 55k euro. I also did research on this company and looks like they assemble sailboats for other manufacturers and are in business for some time(information from some blog).
My thoughts are : any one who purchase this boat + out fit it for 10-30k and you got a new cruiser much cheaper then the rest (even used one's).
My main doubts are the quality of the hull, rigging and etc.

Anyway , i just try to understand the price/quality
Pavel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 08:17   #5

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds

There is an English language review of the 30. It mentions it comes with one battery (no separate house battery), a non gimballed stove. etc. I think it said the boats are built in Poland. I know Group Beneteau builds some there too so that isn't a knock. As we know, the base price of a new boat doesn't come close to the final price. In my last three boats I added 40% to the price of the base boat to get a "cruise away" boat. My boat on order has some "mandatory options" so you cannot even order the boat at the price advertised even if you don't need refrigeration or electronics. Your electronics, ground tackle, safety gear, shipping, etc are going to cost the same whether you are outfitting a 35 foot Hallberg Rassy or a Vicko.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote