Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2005, 20:09   #1

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien - 35ft
Send a message via Skype™ to cyclepro
Easy sale

About one month ago I was approached by a couple from Vancouver BC; they had found my name and boat on the Beneteau owners site and were wondering if my 35s5 was for sale.

Even though I had only owned the boat for a little over a year, I had plans to sell her within the next two years to make space for a heavier boat.

Long story short: last weekend they flew in, motored the boat from the marina to the local shipyard, had her hauled, surveyed and now she is being decommissioned to be trucked to Vancouver. Never expected it to be this easy - guess I was lucky to have my name listed on that site.

And now our sailing community has added another very nice couple that will thoroughly enjoy this nice boat.

Coming Saturday I am sea trialing a '85 Wauquiez Pretorian in tip-top shape (except for some blisters).

Retirement is in sight!!!
cyclepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 06:06   #2

Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL currently CLODs [cruisers living on dirt]
Congrats

That's the best way to sell a boat. I also had a similar experience with my previous boat a Frers 36. I made the deal sooo easy it was a joy.

Good luck with the Wauquiez.
Jon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 06:43   #3

Boat: Morgan 382 "Tropical Wave"
It sure is great being in the right place at the right time (and having the right boat to sell). We put an ad on the J/30 web site in January last year to sell our boat, thinking someone in Md/Va area might have an interest, since there is a large fleet of them in that area. 2 weeks later I got an email from a guy right here in Halifax and a month later the boat was gone! It has moved from one side of town to the other, but I still see the boat at every regatta, and the best thing is that the new owner always has a big grin whenever I see him.

John
chuckiebits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 07:31   #4

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien - 35ft
Send a message via Skype™ to cyclepro
Besides thanking my lucky stars I should also thank Jeff H. since he suggested this boat in the first place for it's easy handling and marketablity.
Jan
cyclepro is offline   Reply With Quote