Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2010, 10:29   #1

Boat: Cabo Rico 38 / Bayfield 32
Cherubini Raider 33

Anyone know much about these? I'm going to look at one this weekend and I'm not sure what to expect. Anything in particular (beyond the normal stuff) to check for? I believe they're a solid FG hull and a balsa cored deck, but I'm not sure. They seem to have a good reputation but that's all I know.
Saltyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 12:18   #2

Boat: Franz Berg custom 28' sloop Southern Cross 1935
Great boat to sail. Most were kit boats. Last two I know of were pro built by JTC MOLDS in Fl. These were Tall rigged. One went to RI. as a cruising version the other in Fl a racing version. John Cherubini was probably one of the best designers ever. The JTC boats were built of the best resins available with a coal-tar epoxy barrier coating on the bottom to make sure blistering would not happen. Also these boats had a center line prop shaft instead of the offset. The rudder skeg area was reinforced with a hat section to stiffen the hull. The galley was angledin these boats.
kjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote