Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2018, 15:37   #1

Boat: 80 Hunter 33' & 79 Catalina 27'
Tampa/Sarasota Available Jan - Feb

I'm From Alaska. Living near Tampa Bay. Looking to get as much time on the water as possible, so I'm available for day/weekend sailing around Tampa Bay until January then can be wide open for a month or two at a time thereafter, to/from anywhere. Working at Bradenton Beach Marina as first mate and mechanic, assigned to the Anna Maria Prince Sternwheeler. Started as a dockhand a month ago, so I move quick.

Also looking for a job on the water if possible. Even if you aren't sure you need me, let me know what you need me to have if you could use me in the future - merchant mariner, twic, dive, 6-pack, captain's, whatever, and I'll be ready.

39 years old, commercial fished during summer as a kid in Bristol Bay. During college, spent several summers on rivers in jetboats, guiding remote salmon fishing trips with OUPV inland waterways credential.

About 4 years ago, I decided to go open water and learn to sail, but was in the process of building a shop and homestead in Anchorage, Alaska. Closest sailing was a few hours away, but managed to get several days with good instructors, took coastal nav. and basic to bareboat, with a week on sails. Got dive certified two years ago, and it's a natural fit for me.

I'm short and strong, can work on engines, climb masts, swim underwater for up to two minutes without gear, super at cooking, cleaning, organizing, guiding, fishing, filleting, scrubbing, scraping barnacles, painting, polishing, conversations, speaking spanish (somewhat conversational), know electrical, wood working, mechanics (intermediate). I can write, shoot video, blog, do marketing/branding, shoot pretty much any weapon, drive any kind of land vehicle and hold my own in a small plane.

Of interest, I turned my house in Alaska into a lodge called Jupiter Garden.

This winter, done with house, now rented out long term. Got a girlfriend to watch my dog near Sarasota (unless she can come). Working at the marina to save money for a trip, but I'd say Im worth paying to have on board, and I'm willing to prove myself.

Shoot me a message! I'm also in the market for a live-aboard, but in no hurry to buy. Seems like I have a good amount of youthful energy, which is especially good trade for ol-timer knowledge.

Merry Christmas.
Jerami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 07:58   #2

Re: Tampa/Sarasota Available Jan - Feb

Hi there, would you be interested in joining me (24) and captain (60+) on a passage from Florida Keys to Dominican Republic early January?
hadarbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asa, sarasota