Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2016, 06:15   #1

Seeking a Great Sailing Opportunity

Hi,

As in the title, I am seeking a great sailing opportunity. An opportunity to sail somewhere amazing with some good and interesting people.

I'm down-to-earth, open minded, calm, easy-going, hard working, positive and enjoy a good conversation with some depth.

I am English, 31, well travelled and currently in the Netherlands. I've got around 300 nautical miles of experience, which was generally quite rough, with around 8 hours spent in hellish storm conditions. Still, I'm pulled to the idea of sailing.

I have an education in Design Engineering, I'm good all round, broad interests, and aspire to specialize in sailing yacht design and interior design.

I have many reasons for sailing, but amongst them; I want to learn how to sail because I want my own yacht one day, I also want the experience so it can inform my design-thinking.

A destination of particular interest to me is New Zealand, however there are many beautiful locations around the world, so I'm very open.

If you think you may have an opportunity for me then get in touch and I can send you more details of myself.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fac1.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	124675  
Old 21-05-2016, 15:24   #2

Re: Seeking a Great Sailing Opportunity

Hi , don,t know if you in a hurry , but i am in the progress of purchasing a boat , a rafiki 37 in panama , and eventually sailing it to New Zealand where i live ,btw , i am dutch . if you want you can email me on rcwmons@windowslive.com . cheers Richard
Old 22-05-2016, 04:29   #3

Awesome for you to make me that offer Richard. Very much appreciated indeed. Especially tempting as you are heading to NZ.

I am however going to see what other opportunities I get offered, if any.

Thanks! And goodluck with the whole process with your boat.
Old 24-05-2016, 16:18   #4

Anyone in the Caribbean needing crew? I can be there on very short notice.
Old 24-05-2016, 16:59   #5

Boat: Lagoon 450

We expect to have a crew position available in Jan 17 for South Pacific heading eventually to NZ. Contribution is expected. If interested you can ping me for more info. aroundoceans at gmail dot com
Old 28-05-2016, 02:45   #6

We are currently sailing and cruising in the Caribbean islands, you can email me at info at 247 sailing.net

Louis and jules

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 18-06-2016, 17:13   #7

Hi ... We arrived a few days ago in Honiara, Solomon Islands and will depart later this week for the Samurai Islands then on to Port Moresby arriving 8 July. Then we sail directly to Kupand, West Timor arriving end July. If you can get to Honiara immediately that's great otherwise you need to be in PM 8 July. There are 2 aboard the Beneteau 50' with 4 cabins and 4 bathrooms. She is a fully equipped ocean going vessel. Both he skipper and I are Yachtmaster instructors. You need to pay a third of provisioning, diesel and entry visas to Indonesia. Let me know asap if interested.
Maureen
Old 23-06-2016, 23:29   #8

Boat: 38 foot steel cutter

Hi, I am completing the interior of a terrific 38 foot steel cutter. This is a brand new round bottom steel boat, very solidly built and an ultimate long distance cruising design. If you want to learn all of the details of yacht design and interiors, there is no better way than actually finishing off an interior and then cruising in the boat. I should be heading for Hawaii and then NZ sometime next year. In the meantime you could work together with me in completing the boat, also you could work in my business to earn some money at the same time ( Tippecanoe Boats | The best model sailboats! ) and then we could take off cruising in the Pacific. Washington State is beautiful - lots of hiking and sailing. Room and board would be provided in return for the work on the boat and you could earn money by working in the business. Might work out great. I have a 100 ton license and years of experience as a sailing instructor and charter skipper plus a trans-Atlantic passage in a 24 foot boat and many other long distance cruising experiences as well as extensive boat building and design knowledge.
Will Lesh 9667245@gmail.com

Tags
sail, sailing