Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2021, 10:36   #1

Boat: Hobie 16
Experienced crew here

Hello,
I am an experienced deckhand of many types of boats. I am on the mature side, over 50, but plenty agile, small enough to fit in tight places but strong enough to weigh anchor or furl a huge jib.
I am able to get away from home for prolonged periods and currently am happily jobless, for now, and able to assist with owners' delivery needs.
I do charge a daily rate and travelling expenses, but I believe I am worth it considering my abilities, experience and willingness to provide most cook and steward chores as well.
I can provide some sailing references but please peruse my sailing resume:

Jan - March '92, 3 months, 2 trips in the Berring Sea as cook, processor and deckhand, aboard 'Pacific Venture', a 150' longliner taking mainly cod out of Dutch Harbor Ak.*

June '92, 2 weeks, 1 trip to South Chicago from St. Louis and back as deckhand aboard a push boat with a tow of about 15 barges out of Alton Ill.*

Jan '98, 30 days from Hawaii to San Diego as volunteer crew to help deliver a 50 ft sailboat.

Feb '98 - July '98, 4 trips in the Berring Sea out of Dutch Harbor as processor and deckhand on the Prowler, a 115 ft longliner taking mainly cod as well as going along for the trip back to Seattle at the end of the season.**

Oct '98, 2 weeks from San Francisco to La Paz, Mexico as volunteer crew to help bring the owner's 35 ft cutter sailboat south.

Jan - March '99, from La Paz to Acapulco and back as voluntary crew on 3 different sailboats.**

March '99, 10 days from La Paz to San Diego as voluntary crew aboard the 53 motor yacht, Bruja del Mar.**

Oct '99 - May '00, 28 days, mostly individually out of Newport Beach, Ca as deckhand aboard the 65 ft private event party boat, Spirit of Newport.**

May '99, 15 days individually as deckhand out of Dana Point, Ca aboard the schooner, Curlew, mainly whale watching.

May - Dec '00, from San Diego to the Marshall's via Hawaii as mate aboard the 98' wooden freighter, Catalina on a business venture.

Dec '00, from Majuro, Marshall Islands to Chuuk as deckhand aboard the aluminum dive boat, Aggressor, for its delivery.**

Jan '01 - July '01 as mate aboard the 45 ft, power catamaran, dive boat, Scoobaroo, out of Apra Harbor, Guam.**

Aug '01 - Sept '05, as pilot boat operator using a 18 ft Whaler and a 30 ft power cat out of Apra Harbor, Guam.

Dec '17, 5 days from New York City to Oriental NC as deckhand aboard a 46 ft sailboat for its delivery.**

Jan '18, 11 days from Sarasota Fl to Tortola VI"s as deckhand aboard a 45" sailing catamaran for its delivery.**

Feb 22 - March 10, 2021, from Miami Fl to Cartejena Colombia as mate aboard the 41' sailboat, Margarita, for its delivery.

Please email me at hungerf@hotmail.com and I can send you a standard day-job type resume.
Thanks,

Andrew Hungerford
Hungerf@hotmail.com
443 254 6093

(Please leave a message since I get too many robocalls calls and seldom answer a new number.
Hobieandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, enc