Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 15:51   #1

Boat: Westsail 32
Experienced Couple Available in Texas

My partner and I have lived aboard since 2009, cruising the US coast between Texas and Maine. We left our current boat, a Westsail 32, in New England for the winter and returned to Texas for the chilly months.

We're active, outdoorsy folks in our mid-30s. My partner has a 100T masters license with a sailing endorsement and works seasonally as a professional captain. I'm a bicycle mechanic and bicycle taxi driver with a Wilderness First Responder certification. We are hardcore DIYers and have done all the work (engine, electrical, sewing, fiberglass, etc.) required for our boats. We're non smokers and occasional drinkers who never drink underway. We enjoy cooking, reading, playing music and games, biking, and going on long walks. I'm a vegan of the non-preachy sort, but it's usually not hard to accommodate my diet by bringing along a few key ingredients.

We're level headed folks who aim for safe, smooth trips. We're used to roughing it (we don't have refrigeration, a dinghy motor, hot/pressure water, etc.), but we do place a high importance on a boat being seaworthy enough for the trip planned. We're interested in crew or delivery opportunities on the Gulf Coast between now and March (or farther if travel is covered) If you need a set of hands, send me a PM.
rachellay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, texas