Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2019, 08:40   #1
cruiser

Catamaran Owner Available to Crew

Good day all,

As I announced on here the other day, we have purchased a used Lagoon 400. However, as she is currently on the hard, we won’t be blue to use her until November.

In the meantime, I would like to get more time and experience working with and sailing catamarans. As such, I am prepared to travel worldwide for the right position.

I am completely free and available any time from August 29 to mid October.

About me - as it will only be me as my spouse still has to work. Male, 44 years. Non smoker, no drugs, no food allergies. Travels real light (one small backpack). Strong problem solving/mechanical aptitude skills. Good cook and always keep a clean and tidy area. Not afraid to join in wherever help is needed. Strong swimmer. Have lots of good stories to tell, but don’t sing and dance. No criminal record and combined with a Canadian Passport will have no problems entering any country.

Past experience - extensive ocean time in British Columbia. I grew up on the water, and ultimately owned and operated my own charter fishing company in B.C for many years. I ran live aboard multi day charters so am experienced in being on a boat for multiple days with people that I did not know well.

Sailing wise - experience is limited. Spent summers sailing small dinghies at my grandparents lake. In January of this, we completed the American Sailing Association 101, 103, 104 and 114 courses as part of an eight day program on a 36’ catamaran. This allows me to operate cats and gave me some experience with their systems and processes. Based on all of this, I would assess my ocean experience as exceptionally strong and my sailing/catamaran experience as novice - which is why I would like to do some crew work.

So there you have it. If you have an opportunity, reach out to me. Not looking to be paid as I just want to learn. Maybe you are a couple, wanting to do a long passage and would like someone to assist with watches. Or maybe you are a delivery skipper who has a long run to do and wants some cheap help. Or maybe you are a person who has done the inside passage to Alaska and will be on your way south and would like a hand - I have done that trip many times and can show you some great hidey holes on salmon/prawn/crab spots. Whatever you have going on, consider me as potential partner in the adventure.

In summary - a 44 year old guy who owns his own catamaran looking for experience and adventure on another one.

Look forward to hearing back from some of you
Knot Safety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:43   #2
cruiser

Re: Catamaran Owner Available to Crew

Giving this a bump. If anyone has crewing opportunities coming up, please consider me
Old 11-08-2019, 09:51   #3

Just came through the canal plan on a weeks sail to Ecuador after some upgrades in Panama City. Looking at first week in October. Can pm me at twalzan440@gmail.com
twalzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 10:34   #4
cruiser

Anyone with crewing available in September?
Old 17-08-2019, 08:13   #5

Boat: Lagoon 400 S2 O.V. Cat - Rental

Dear Knot Safety-
My name is Lilly and my boyfriend Barry and I were scheduled on a 3 week Dream Yacht Lagoon 400 S2 O.v with Watermaker and A/c out of La Paz for 3 weeks beginning the 1st Sept to 21st or 22nd. (I need to check dates for exact)
We were going together but some things came up for me.
So he needs a crew to be able to take her out.

He is an incredible physically fit 73 y/o with boat sailing all over the world for years. He is also a great teacher. His plan was to sail 1 1/2 weeks North and snorkel dive and then back down. It is a 3+2 cabins and 3 heads. a 2013 boat that holds 10 passengers.
You guys would be cooking for yourselves, (shop in La Paz to stock up).
He is coming over here this morning in 4 or 5 hours and I would like to perhaps hook you up. His cell phone is 619-672-1510. You can call him now if you like just say you are wanting to crew and learn, that Lilly sent you.
He is a pilot and mono hull saile, etc. Dirt bike rider and owns a machine shop businessman out of San Diego where we are located. I have learned so much from him. I think this could be win win win (and this is very late notice since he has paid and if I cannot go and he has no one else.)
What is your name.
My phone is 619-235-9441. Hope you get this. Thanks!
Lilly Fluger and Barry Mohr
Lilly Fluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 09:00   #6
cruiser

Thanks for the offer Lilly. I have sent you a PM. I am leaving today running fishing charters offshore. Won’t be back until last couple of days of August. This makes turnaround to la Paz difficult but not impossible. Is the sept 1 la Paz departure flexible?
Old 17-08-2019, 09:08   #7

I will check with Barry.
It would be great for you two to talk.
I know last year we slept on the boat the first night in harbor loading etc and left the next day.
But it is a fixed 3 Wk time slot.
So nice to meet you.
WHAT IS YOUR NAME?
Also my email is Lilly@lillyarts.com
Old 17-08-2019, 11:03   #8

Hi Knotty -The departure time is flexible by a couple days in that it can stay at dock and wait for you before departing. I will see Barry here in one hour, perhaps you could phone to talk with either of us??
Or are you already gone on fishing trip?
Thanks, Lilly
619-235-9441

Tags
catamaran, crew