Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Indian Ocean & Red Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2004, 14:21   #1

Maldives 'Deratting Certificate'

this question goes for anyone who has passed through the Maldives in the last few years.

I was checking noonsite for customs and checkin regulations and they said that they require 9 copies of the crew list (fine and dandy) and a deratting certificate (Say What?!?)

Does anyone out there know what a "Deratting Certificate" is? Because I am clueless on this term.

Andy
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 17:32   #2
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
De-Ratting...Probably a statement certifying there ain't no rats onboard.....?
CSY Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 14:04   #3
nOv

Post Re: Maldives "Deratting Certificate"

Quote:
Andy once whispered in the wind:
this question goes for anyone who has passed through the Maldives in the last few years.

I was checking noonsite for customs and checkin regulations and they said that they require 9 copies of the crew list (fine and dandy) and a deratting certificate (Say What?!?)

Does anyone out there know what a "Deratting Certificate" is? Because I am clueless on this term.

Andy

Dear Andy, This is Nash from ISLAND SAILORS and we deal with all these officials in the Maldives every time a vessel calls under our agency 'Island Sailors Pvt Ltd'.

The DE-RATING certificate is the health certificate if you have one. The situation without a DE-RATING certificate is to make a new one in Maldives. Port Health is the Authority and your local agent woudl be able to get it for you in Maximum 2 days.

It is not a big deal to arrive with out one and the great part is you would get one issued after inward clearances and it is valid at all ports you visit.

This certificate would not cost any more than USD.15.00 in average, so be adviced the price also depends on the size, capacity of your vessel. eg: a cruiseship would cost more...

Hope you find this useful.

Wish you a pleasant cruise.
nOv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 16:49   #4

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
de-rat cert

When I was at sea, a few (maybe quite a few) years ago, all vessels were required to have a de-rat certificate which certifies that there is no evidence of rats aboard. Of course, many vessels do have rats aboard, especially if you've been carrying grain. If there's evidence of rats ( droppings) the vessel usually gets fumigated. Everyone goes ashore and they throw cannisters of Zyklon gas everywhere. German product, used extensively in WW2. Afterward you go back aboard and air everything, especially mattresses because the gas tends to linger there.

Tags
Maldives