Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 15:45   #31
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
GRIBs are great, and I use them a lot, but they are model output only, with no human interpretation! Use them with care!
Old 06-07-2008, 16:03   #32

Boat: Marine Trader 34DC
we used to download Grib files to add to our weather arsenal but found them to be fairly useless. But there are now many, many sources for information and it still comes down to your personal interpretation.

The Trawler Beach House
Voyages Of Sea Trek
AnchorageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 16:20   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hornblow View Post

Cam Please note I answered a thread I found on a google search about movingweather I am familiar with the company in that I use the product thought it was so good I invested in it. I thought I made that very clear on my first post, stop trying to suggest I am working undercover in some misleading or sinister way.
I thought I had let this drop peacefully but apparently not to your satisfaction. Your first post on this thread did NOT identify yourself as anything but a supportive purchaser/user of moving weather software. Later on in the thread you then identified yourself as associated with the company. Investing in the product is quite different than investing in the company. In my opinion your first post WAS misleading as we deserve to know if you have a commercial interest in the product you are promoting. Now we do, and that is fine. I wish you well in your endeavor.

camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:58   #34

Boat: Sunseeker Portofino 375
Many thanks Cam,

I am a supportive purchaser/user of movingweather I love it and in the words of good old Victor Kayam so much that I bought into the company you can be both you know. Personally as a skipper I think it is a fantastic product but that is my opinion and I was a fan of movingweather long before I became involved. They are a small company of which one of the partners is a skipper and software developer he could not get a good forecast in the Med so decided to combine his technical expertise with his love of the water the end result being movingweather.

So designed by boat owners for boatowners, had he not been personally passionate about boating the software would have been far to expensive to produce and not commercially viable.

Now that he has done it as a skipper it is their for all who want to try or let others have the opportunity too.

You never know Cam you might just like it, I assure you that you would not be the first skipper to thank me for bringing it to their attention.

More importantly are you based in the Carolinas I have been down there many times a most beautiful part of the World fantastic coast and amazing Golf it mast be fantastic to Sail there.

Safe boating and chat soon
Ian
Ian Hornblow is offline   Reply With Quote