Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-01-2017, 18:53   #1

a question

I dident know where to put this.
but any one know the cheapest way to get into a sail boat that i can take from louisiana
all the way to kennet marina in the uk and what are custums like for entering in a country by boat rather then other means?

I am a man in love and really need to get to her.
we both really need to be together and its just the bet option im not a rich man i dont have ten grand in bank statments unless i forge the docs which i assume is a no no.

i figure it would also be a good way to set up base in the area as it could double as a home on the water really close to where she is.

what do i need to deal with marinas ?
it would be three months before i could start working but thats not really a bother but paying fora slip or wat i need to show for documentation and so fourth
and not being chassed off an anchorage those are big deals

i could really use some guidance here.
Comrad1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 20:47   #2

Boat: Mariner 40 Ketch
Re: a question

Soooo, let's see.

You want to purchase a sailboat for less than $10k and sail across the Atlantic to see your girlfriend?

Hummm, a plane ticket comes to mind and a cheap apartment when you get there until you can afford a boat, moorage, maintenance etc, etc. would be my advice

Welcome to SF
Old 28-01-2017, 01:42   #3

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.
Boat: triton 721 24' x 9' 1985 Cutter rigged.

Sounds like you think you need to have $10,000 in bank statements to get into the U.K.
If that IS correct, then don't think for a moment that arriving by sailboat is any different to arriving by air.
British customs and immigration are as tough and as smart as the best in the business. Were that not the case then thousands would be arriving by boat every month.
Sounds like you already know that forging bank statements will give you a spartan holiday at Her Majesties pleasure.
If the "ten grand" facts are right then it isn't going to happen until get the money.
Good luck champ.
brianlara 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 02:47   #4
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

You are better off finding a cheap way to get to the UK and then find something cheap there that can get you in an out of UK cheaply to renew your 90 day visa.

Good luck and welcome to CF
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 02:59   #5
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

Let me guess: You in prison, you fell in love with some chick (or guy) you met on the Internet, now you want to sail across to avoid the cost of air travel and you want to live on the boat to save money over renting an apartment?

Ocean going sailboats don't come cheap, although some folks get away with sailing tubs across big oceans, it is not recommended. Weather and time of the year plays a big part in the puzzle also,
You can buy an airline ticket to the U.K. for $300, a boat with equipment and provisions 100 times that.
Probably a good idea to rethink this..
Old 28-01-2017, 03:05   #6
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Comrad.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote