Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2015, 06:53   #1

Boat: Liberty 28
Gustavia 1st Week of July 2015

First time there on 50' Cat bareboat, around 7/1, 7/2/15. Two questions:

1. Is it going to be crowded inside the harbor? Planning on taking stern-to dock space.

2. Related to docking, can anybody give me some light as to the fees? Aware they use square meters to calculate. I have seen many different numbers. Can anybody clarify?

Appreciate any feedback. Cheers to all.
commander500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 13:23   #2

Boat: Vagabond 42
Re: Gustavia 1st Week of July 2015

Gustavia inner harbor will be vertically empty in July. It gets really rolly and swelly up against the quay. You might consider picking up the fore and aft moorings in the inner harbor. The procedure is to drop a hook in the outer harbor (or in July just go side to along the Quay between the ferry dock and the Port Captains office, fender off well) and go in to Port Captains office. Clear in and ask if you can take a mooring in the inner harbor. Then get in your dinghy and go rig your lines to the two mooring balls (fore and aft) and tie them to a life jacket or a float of some kind. Then bring the boat in, pick up the lines, tie off and you are in! The inner harbor is one of my wife's and my favorite places in the world. Not sure about cost for a cat, last time we were there it was around $10/night US for a 42' mono hull.
callistov42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 13:45   #3

Boat: Liberty 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistov42 View Post
Gustavia inner harbor will be vertically empty in July. It gets really rolly and swelly up against the quay. You might consider picking up the fore and aft moorings in the inner harbor. The procedure is to drop a hook in the outer harbor (or in July just go side to along the Quay between the ferry dock and the Port Captains office, fender off well) and go in to Port Captains office. Clear in and ask if you can take a mooring in the inner harbor. Then get in your dinghy and go rig your lines to the two mooring balls (fore and aft) and tie them to a life jacket or a float of some kind. Then bring the boat in, pick up the lines, tie off and you are in! The inner harbor is one of my wife's and my favorite places in the world. Not sure about cost for a cat, last time we were there it was around $10/night US for a 42' mono hull.
Appreciate it Callistov42! Great insight on this question and the one about Cristophe Marina. Really liked the idea about the way to manage the inner harbor moorings! One for the book I'll write someday.... Regards!
commander500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 23:30   #4

Boat: Jeanneau 57

Although I prefer to anchor out, I did inquire about docking at Gustavia and it was about 60cEuros per night for my boat (17m). The inner harbour swell can be terrible, as has been mentioned already; but the anchorage at Anse Colombier is almost always calm.