Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2018, 15:31   #1

Boat: Miller 44' CC cutter 1974
Minus 10 footitis

Hello. Are you looking for a larger boat? Due to a change in my relationship status I am looking to down size from my current boat. Although I love my boat I now find that it is too big for me. She is a 1974 Miller 44' centre cockpit cutter. She was built at Miller Yachts boatyard on Bainbridge Is. near Seattle, no longer in existance they were well regarded in their day. I still sail my my boat regularly and she is a sweet sailing beauty but sailing and maintaining her is more than a one person job.
I would like to trade her and move to a blue water capable boat in the 33' to 37' range. I would be particularly interested in a boat already in some tropical cruising grounds, I'm thinking Mexico, SE Asia, the Caribbean, perhaps the Med or S Pacific hopefully somewhere not too difficult to travel to. Perhaps you and your family are out growing your boat or your extensive travel has been great but you are ready to be closer to home.
Eos is in decent shape and is quite well equipped no serious issues what so ever. Yes she is older but very strong, with a strong cutter rig , 6 sails include 2 mains, 2 stay sails (larger and smaller) a yankee and a Genoa also a heavy duty telescoping reaching/spinaker pole. 3/8 “ shrouds and stays, roller furling jib. She has a Hercules 75 horse power aux. engine that has been very reliable. At 18 tons she is stable and moves well in any but the lightest winds. She has a skeg hung rudder and draws 6' with a substantial modified fin keel and 13' 6” beam with a long waterline, solid fiberglass below the waterline with a balsa core above that, no soft spots or rot.
I spent 20 K on gear and refit 2016 including steering system, cutlass bearing, stuffing box, new dodger and stout Bimini frame which is still a work in progress designed to be ultimately a completely enclosed cockpit but for now it keeps the rain off. 2 fuel tanks hold 150 US gallons and she carries 250 gallons of water. Also includes new 73 lb. Rocna and very stout Ideal windlass w 250' of chain, spare anchors are 60 lb. CQR and Danforth w chain and rode. 10.5 ft RIB w 9.9 nissan on davits, and stout lifelines from midship aft they are all solid stainless.
Interior has large aft cabin reached thru portside hallway,starboard side is work bench tool area with a generous engine room w access from both sides, nice galley w 3 burner force 10 stove oven, deep double sinks , good size fridge and large separate freezer compartment (no mechanism yet). Nice navigation station to starboard with settee and the dinning table to port, good sized head w separate shower, large V berth cabin forward. A Dickensen diesel cabin heater keeps you warm in cool weather. Electronics are older radar & ssb, newer chartplotter/depth & AIS receiver/vhf radio, plus wind instruments, it has a Autohelm 5000 that needs servicing, 2000 watt Heart charger/inverter. The interior could use cosmetics. This boat is ready to go sailing. Eos is laying at Bowen Is., BC.,near Vancouver. She is registered in Canada. Approximate value 45,000 US $, in bristol condition she would be worth at least twice that amount. I'm looking to trade down and would consider a deal that could include some cash on either side for the right boat. I can be reached by phone or email. 604 947 0595.
Cheers John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0047 (2).JPG
Views:	140
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	173032   Click image for larger version

Name:	089 (2).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	369.2 KB
ID:	173033  

Click image for larger version