Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2015, 09:33   #1

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50
Tristar remote meter not turning on?

I have a Tristar 45 MPPT controller, and just bought the remote meter, which plugs into the controller via a phone cable. Doesn't seem to be turning on. Do I need to disconnect power to the controller before I plug it in? The manual seems to say that it should just be plug n play, but it's not working.
DDabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2015, 22:23   #2

Boat: Bertram 46.6 FBMY
Re: Tristar remote meter not turning on?

I had a problem at first as well... If you are looking directly at the back of the remote meter, make sure the cable is plugged in the left socket, also make sure it clicks in securely. My initial problem was that it was not fully seated into the female connector.

I have the TS-60 MPPT and plugged in the remote meter when the controller was on. I have a meter hub now with an additional TS-60 PWM.

Once you have the remote meter powered up, you will need to update the firmware of your MPPT controller using a USB to Serial connector to a notebook to use the MSview program with the newest firmware (install both the A and B MPPT firmware from the Morningstar website). That will give you all the functionality of the remote meter. If you don't, you will not have all the features of the remote meter.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Hkalan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote