Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2017, 21:04   #1

Boat: Irwin MK III 43
Kohler Generator starting problem

Ahoy all, I have a Kohler generator, model 8CCO23, that the fuel solenoid will not draw in when the start switch is activated. It will run all day when I manually actuate the fuel control lever or "rig" a 12VDC directly to the fuel solenoid but I fear that applying a jumper for 12VDC will be bypassing the safety switch logic of the oil pressure, water temperature, and manifold Temperature.
I get 12.53 VDC up to the "C" relay but when I activate the start switch the voltage drops to 8.3 volts. Not enough to draw in the fuel solenoid to complete the start sequence

Thanks in advance for any ideas of the fix

Jeff
JSurr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator