Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2010, 21:53   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Tayana 37
Japanese-Made Deep-Cycle Battery ?

My house bank -- four Trojan T105s -- is not taking or holding a charge and I reckon needs to be replaced.

Problem is I am in Japan and can't find anyone who sells Trojans (our anyone who sells six-volt deep-cycle batteries for that matter, but I'm a little isolated and the search is just beginning). The batteries I've seen on a couple small local yachts are 12-volt and I assume are not deep-cycle.

If I can't find Trojans (and won't pay the shipping), does anyone know of a good Japanese make of this type of battery? It would help if I had a name to chase down.

cheers and thanks
jimbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 22:46   #2
Marine Service Provider

Like elsewhere, everything here of that sort is made in China. But sailor just came to the boat and told me there is a Korean brand that some yachts have aboard. Don't know the brand name, but will look into it.
Old 14-08-2010, 06:53   #3

Boat: 40' Silverton Aftcabin with twin Crusaders
Lead acid battery technology is well understood now after over 100 years of usage. My point, don't get hung up on a particular brand but yes, do your research for quality.
foggysail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 00:56   #4
Marine Service Provider

Not a brand problem, just want a deep-cycle battery that's reasonably priced and will fit on my boat. Funny, was taken to a battery shop late yesterday. It sold batteries for forklifts and other such equipment. Deep cycle, yes, but each battery was the size of a large three-burner stove. Don't know the brand. It was all in Japanese, but if they had ones close to the size of my Trojans I would have bought them on the spot.
Old 16-08-2010, 17:54   #5

Boat: Was www.out-of-the-blue.info
Try this company, they seem to have Trojan and are in Japan
phone # 048-813-3150
If you're using T-105s, they'll set you back JPY36,750 a shot, or if you're using L16Ps they go for JPY75,600 each. Shipping to your marina extra I expect.

btw. have you found Sail Japan yet?
Out of the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery