Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 05:31   #16

Boat: 50' sloop
Good morning -

Thanks for the recommendations and "warnings"!

Jackdale - appreciate the reminder. Certainly will check it should I manage to talk my husband into "separate lights" on the bow (however unlikely that seems at the moment)

Mr Radcliff - that's great news! Enjoy the beauty and warmth!

Surfershane - subscribe to your way of thinking. In fact, an "unopened" spare is onboard that will be returned when a better light is found. ("giggling" - when we first got a boat and my husband would bring out the "anti-corrosion spray" I couldn't stand it; it seemed excessive and messy. Once I learned a bit about electricity, corrosion, etc., it's purpose made sense and no longer perceived as "messy" necessity. Nowadays, have two towels and a canister ready when it's time to coat.)

Bash - no problem. Thank you for taking the time to get the link and forward. I bookmarked the Jamestown site for future use. In researching, I also found West Marine ( my husband had it marked in our catalog ) had it for a few dollars less and no shipping. (Maybe the Miami show would give a better price along with warm weather and sunshine?! That Lats and Atts party - could be fun for an hour or so, too?! )

Caelestis - Thanks for the heads up on the Orca Greens and the link to Signal Mate. The SM is an attractive light - similar to what we're taking down. Definitely an option we're considering. Hope you've gotten replacements that no longer give you grief!

Thanks again everyone for your input and assistance.

Kind regards,

Sailing Mermaid
Sailing Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:10   #17

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 49
I should add that I also have the Orca Green tricolor/anchor with photo diode.

It is flawless and extremely bright. No leaks.
CAELESTIS is offline   Reply With Quote