Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 01:52   #16
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
jzk...that is a good price for flooded 8d's...
...If they ARE deep cycle batteries then their 20hr. amp hour rating will be in the 225-250AH range EACH typically. Could be a bit less but won't be more.
Exactly.
Their Reserve Capacity (@ 25A) may be about 400 Amp, or over for high quality 8Ds.
A quick comparison of similar batteries is weight; with the heavier battery being preferred (for Deep Cycle).

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:33   #17
jzk

I know they were marine and they were pretty heavy. Sam's club also has great deals on 6v golf cart type batteries that are definitely deep cycle. I will check tonight to see if these are deep cycle. In both the Monterey and the Sea Ray, the battery also serves as a starting battery. I also know that these were 400 amp hour rated.
jzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 12:05   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzk View Post
I know they were marine and they were pretty heavy. Sam's club also has great deals on 6v golf cart type batteries that are definitely deep cycle. I will check tonight to see if these are deep cycle. In both the Monterey and the Sea Ray, the battery also serves as a starting battery. I also know that these were 400 amp hour rated.
jzk, did you ever check? Are they deep cycle?
speedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 21:03   #19

Boat: Tashiba 36
I have been trying to decide on batteries and have pretty much decided to go for AGM's. Some of the 6v's, Rolls, and etc are two tall for my space. Also from what I understand, the AGM's will take a charge at a faster rate. Since I plan on using a Honda Generator to power my battery charger, shorter charge times are appealing.
sparty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery