Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-05-2015, 22:18   #46

Boat: Lagoon 380 #069
Battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abgreenbank View Post
If you mean battery alarm from the standard jeanneau panel I would check batteries with a voltmeter, or battery monitor.
I have a newish jeanneau and I get random over volt warnings from the jeanneau panel but my victron battery moniter shows no problem. In fact if you compare the volts from jeanneau panel and victron Bmv they are never the same, the victron has a very steady slow change in volts when various power hungry devices cycle but the jeanneau panel shows rapid swings up and down in the voltage so I don't think it's very accurate in the short term when power consumption is changing.
My advice would be buy a cheapish battery monitor, lots out there and some don't even need a shunt, so simple to install, and this will give u a better idea the state of your batteries. Do bear in mind jeanneau uses cheaper sealed batteries that have a limited life and don't like deep discharges as much as some of the more expensive types.

Regards
Ab

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
The switch panel monitors are a crumby design I've found. They are usually attached somewhere far away from the battery so once you factor in the voltage drop they are off by 5-15%.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
yardie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery