Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2017, 20:35   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450
Couple 450 parts questions

Hi all
Im a new (6 weeks) 450 owner hanging out in West Palm Florida. Im learning about the challenges of owning a french made boat floating in US waters. I've been in touch with Multi-Tech in Fort Lauderdale hich appear to be the US distributor for all parts. I have navigated and placed an order from the benneteau parts site. FYI they are closed for the month of August.

I imagine there are some local resources for parts that I would love to have some contact info for. Like filters for the D100 watermaker. Head fixture replacement parts. In general it seems there aren't many resources for metric parts.

Any names or numbers is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mike
mr336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 22:19   #2

Re: Couple 450 parts questions

Hi Mike,
Can't answer all your questions but can probably get you started.

Recent Lagoons AFAIK, all run plumbing based on John Guest brand fitting. Available worldwide.

World Leading Plumbing Systems | John Guest

Not sure what filters are used in your watermaker, but most are generic sizes. If not, I'd be repacing fllter housings to take generic filters.

Virtually all of CNB closes for vacation in August. I'm refreshed to see a company give employees proper annual breaks, pay first world wages and still be highly competitive and profitable.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 07:52   #3

You can order watermaker spare parts directly from Dessalator. Just write them an email and they will send you the parts you need after money has been transfered.

link:
DessalatorÂ* l Â*Developement of unique systems for the desalination of sea waterÂ* l Â*Prices of the spare partsÂ*
Yatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 16:16   #4

Thanks for the leads. I was hoping there was a local (US) dealer for parts in general but appears not to be the case. I did put an order in with Beneteau and they did tell me no orders in the month of August.

I've already installed US standard threaded thru hulls cause nobody could locate metric. All good. I do like the idea of installing a new standard membrane housing if the Desselator proves to be a proprietary size. I'm too new at this game to guess.

Thanks for the recommendations. It's certainly a good start.

Cheers

Mike
Old 31-08-2017, 22:10   #5

Hi Mike,
Are you looking to order filters or membranes for the water-maker? I purchased filters over Amazon. They fit perfectly. If its the membrane, well that is over my head at the moment but I would think those would have to come directly from Dessalator. Good luck!

Jeanette
On The Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 23:08   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr336 View Post
I do like the idea of installing a new standard membrane housing if the Desselator proves to be a proprietary size.

Cheers

Mike
Hi Mike,
Jeanette is correct. You shouldn't need to replace the membrane(s) of your watermaker unless you do something really silly such as contaminate them with chlorine or oil. Filters, on the other hand need to be regularly cleaned and/or replaced. They filter particles out of sea water before it goes to the high pressure pump and then to the membranes. Making fresh water when clean seawater is available will greatly prolong the interval before filters need cleaning or replacing. Don't use the watermaker in dirty or polluted harbours and rivers as pollutants may clog filters, or worse still, pass through to your membranes. As others have said, most watermakers are fitted with standard sized filters.

For that matter, most also use standard membranes, should you ever need to replace them. AFAIK, the Dow Company (from USA) is the sole manufacturer of recreational boat sized membranes.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:45   #7

Hi Mike,
did you get anywhere finding replacement faucets and shower fittings?
I need to replace mine too.

alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskie View Post
Hi Mike,
Can't answer all your questions but can probably get you started.

Recent Lagoons AFAIK, all run plumbing based on John Guest brand fitting. Available worldwide.

World Leading Plumbing Systems | John Guest

Not sure what filters are used in your watermaker, but most are generic sizes. If not, I'd be repacing fllter housings to take generic filters.

Virtually all of CNB closes for vacation in August. I'm refreshed to see a company give employees proper annual breaks, pay first world wages and still be highly competitive and profitable.
caymancat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 17:10   #8

Membrane for your Desalator watermaker can be bought on-line in the USA from Dow filter distributors , about $170 each for the 21" x 2.5 " membrane for salt water. The raw water inlet 5 micron filter is usually generic and about $10 each but much cheaper bought by the dozen, also on - line.
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 17:29   #9

Plumbing on the Lagoon is a mixed bag of metric and British standard pipe (BSP) and rarely do any threaded parts match up with US built parts (Usually NPT threads) , so we use adapters where possible. If it is a barbed fitting then usually the nearest inch measurements are fine, we double clamp all hose fittings. We are yet to find bathroom faucet/ shower fittings that will slot straight in. This seems to apply to fuel lines and propane lines as well.
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:34   #10

Thanks BC for the membrane info. The boat/watermaker had been sitting for 6 months with no use so Im gonna start fresh with all new filters. Dessalator's website has them for sale for $455.00 smackers. I've found them for a little under $200 so far.

Allen, I've managed to navigate the Benneteau USA site and find a few items. I ordered and received the vertical shower headholder cause the ones in the heads were totally pitted. And really these were pretty cheap considering. About $57.00 dollars each. I think I did find the faucets on their but they were crazy expensive. Will look for a replacement and provide a link.

It does look like it's impossible to keep the boat all metric and all original spec. In the end necessity will win and it will be what's available at the time of need.

Appreciate everyone's help.
Old 03-09-2017, 13:44   #11

The original taps and spouts in both our port bathrooms where pitted, black and corroded within a year and (still are just getting worse) the set in the owners side are lasting better but the the shower head and vertical holder are on there way out now. I believe continuous handling and use seems to give them a longer life.

It's a pity that the bathroom fitting quality does not match up to the vessels price. Not a Lagoon manufactured product, just another overpriced, not fit for purpose marine product. I would like to believe at one time marine quality didn't mean overpriced and under made for the job at hand, but that seems to be today's trend.

If the replacements are the same quality as original, probably not worth the effort fitting.

Hope they are using better quality in the 77/78, otherwise you would not be happy with taps that looked like this in less than 4 years.

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:16   #12

Weve just replaced all shower fittings with those found in a local DIY hardware store. The vertical tubes are 25cm diameter and the length can be trimmed to fit existing screw holes. It would seem Lagoon has used conventional residential hardware here, which is fine.
Next task is to find replacement faucet fitting as ours too are pitting excessively. Im hoping to find comparable ones, again, in a local hardware store.
Emerald Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 12:00   #13

Boat: Lagoon 450F

I realize this is an old thread but I'm looking to replace the faucets in our 450 and have been unable to find anything that mounts to wall / bulkhead. Anyone find a source for something that works?
dcareri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 13:33   #14

I found some quality replacement fittings for my 450 at this company. Ambassador Marine. The photo is of a new similar hot/cold valve and also Im removing the hole where the shower hose goes thru and replacing it with this 90. I find I get water running down the hose, into the bilge and causing mold.

They also have the Tooth Brush plastic glass holder doo hickies. Whatever they're called.

I have not found the exact wall mount faucet but who cares. I'll replace it with something of much better quality. This Ambassador stuff is very nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3876.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	409.3 KB
ID:	171915  
Old 18-06-2018, 00:38   #15

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

On the photo you can see corrosion in wipe marks.

I recommend using Nevrdull or the similar instead of the usual acidic cleaners on the boat. There is still corrosion, but much less.
Ulstue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts