Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2016, 14:25   #1

Vlogger? sailing around the world, wanna join? or please pass along to one who might

Aloha I'm Ryan and I’m going to be sailing around the world.
I have many destinations in mind but know the journey will alter course. I'll be starting whenever I complete all necessary work on the new vessel, Seas Life (#seaslifeforgood), then head back down to the Virgin Islands to say hello to some old friends and explore some more.

As of now, I’m thinking about crossing to the Caribbean side of Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Bocas del Torres, the Panama Canal, Galapagos Islands, Indo, Fiji, Bali, New Zealand, Australia with no timelines, all from the comfort of an RV on the sea.

Have you ever dreamed of packing your most dear materialistic possessions onto a 43' sailboat and taking them around the world with you? The wind is free and so long as the boat holds strong, each day can be spent exploring new places, meeting new faces and sharing life's knowledge.

I've dreamed of this for many years and as time progresses, I get older (34 yrs now) and my perceived budget keeps increasing. The rat race isn't the pace I want my soul to face so I'm giving this moderately possible thought to find like-minded crew a go before I launch solo.

Would I be able to locate a crew who shares similar dreams, saving habits and valid passport? Who has a little class and yet not too much sass in their ass and be able to live footloose and fancy-free?

My saving thus far will take me solo for a couple of years. I am searching to find crew that has ample savings they are willing to contribute to our adventures so they may last longer or so that we may cast off sooner.

I have been certified as a Master Merchant Mariner and held a USCG 50 ton Captain's License with a sailing endorsement, will be reinstating soon. I lived aboard and older 40’ vessel and sailed it around the Virgin Islands for a couple of years, I sailed from the Virgin Islands to VA, jumped back into the corporate grind to save money so that I could return to island time. I like to work hard and play hard. I love surfing, spear fishing, kite boarding, smiling, laughing, reading and creating my own destiny. I will likely be seeking out the best places in the world to enjoy these activities. I am a thoughtful, charismatic, passionate dude who is intrinsically optimistic and happy, and I love to give.

Recently purchased an incredible vessel for this journey and am currently undertaking all necessary repairs and improvements to make her ready for this expedition while working hard to sell as many houses as possible to stash cash before I will feel complete with this tack in my life and able to change course to this next one I speak about.

I am now in the final stages of placing my plan into action and seek a videographer/ vlogger who fits into above and below descriptions to help plans come to fruition.

I’m openminded and have some rough plans to generate money aboard:
Seas Life for Good- Making sailing accessible by circulating Good in life

-Very raw documentation on ways to learn all about the cruising life

This crew member will standout; if they have most of the following equipment and characteristics:

Duties: Film, edit, produce, publish, procure, research, learn… filming sailing, spear fishing, surfing, kite boarding, waterfalls, hiking and other adventures.

-Posting weekly videos of true experiences, explorations and adventures.

-Being involved in weekly “business” meetings on how we all will creatively increase engagement, plan our next destinations, how we plan to involve communities we have yet to meet. 

-Responsibilities- Provide and maintain all equipment necessary to accomplish duties (stuff like- professional above and underwater cameras, editing software, streaming knowledge of social media outlets, drone…).

-Sharing expenses- like fuel, groceries, repairs… over time in a dream world we would build a Seas Life bank account where all expenses would derive through.

Until then each crew member will pull their own weight to upkeep their own equipment and help keep all vessel’s equipment fully functioning.

-Personality- easy-going, empathetic, giving, loving, positive, charismatic, fun, content with who you are, happy, helpful, hopeful, diligent, mindful, mindfully censored, thinks before actions are among some of what I foresee being most crucial attributes.

-Drive- keep ongoing documentary, cameras always rolling, always editing, asking questions to crew that encourages and engages their involvement within your visions of each piece to puzzle.

-Creativity- within field, enjoyable visions, completes tasks and brings to fruition.

-Hard work- within assistance to Captain (setting hooks, heavy seas…), contributing to overall vessel tidiness, weekly list of maintenance chores (cleaning, polishing, replenishing supplies…), within role, puts things back in “their home” after use.

Estimated investment, I am guessing that it could take two years of posting videos to gain enough attention to be able to gain sponsors to be self sufficient and based on my previous sailing journeys I can live off of $20k per year, personally. So much depends on how much you need. Within expenses, a “security deposit” of $1,000 will be handed to captain which will either be refunded to you at the end of your voluntary resignation or will be placed towards your plane ticket off-island should things not work out as planned, any remaining balance after plane ticket will be refunded.

I am not running away from anything, I love my daily life on land and a crew member should feel the same. I’m not interested in crew members who drink excessively, do drugs or feel like this is a great opportunity to escape something in life.

Email me with a little about yourself (seaslifeforgood@gmail.com) if this interests you and any links to accomplishments or productions you have had your hands involved in.
If it sounds like we may work well together then we would need to meet via FaceTime and eventually in person. I currently have an extra vacant bedroom in my house in Virginia Beach and feel a dry run on living together would be advantageous for us both.
I am in no rush to cast off nor rush to any particular destination. The vetting process in finding crew will make or break the whole experience, so if your current life timeline won’t release you for many months don’t let that discourage..

My Current stage of development:
Approximately 6 months away from completing all necessary repairs and upgrades to have vessel ready for journey.
 During repair time period much work developing a brand and gaining attention is crucial.

-Develop; concrete mission statement, concrete goals, map of destinations, gain local involvement by sharing sailing locally, sponsorships...

-Goals to have thousands following youtube channel, FB, IG, patrons… before launch.

Cheers!
RC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a hammock.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	131822   Click image for larger version

Name:	b wahoo.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	131823