Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2015, 07:01   #1

SW Florida to Belize November 1, 2015

Hello Room for one on board Shannon 28 leaving SW Fl end of October 2015 going to Belize for a couple months then who knows ??

Interested parties contact me Bob
Old 27-09-2015, 23:58   #2

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: SW Florida to Belize November 1, 2015

Hey Bob, Just to check in, looks that you have an interesting sail planned, which I'd be keenly interested in joining. I'll PM with CV but in short; I'm easy to get along with and have references from past sailing, from fellow crew and captain - and am good with the wee hours watches, which it sounds like we would need to be planning (?), assuming we were going a direct route, not going along the coast line. But that will be for me to learn, which your general plan is. I'd be guessing a transit from Ft Myers to Isla Mujeres would be expected to be managed in two weeks, but with the unexpected things that happen, could be three weeks. But I'm getting ahead of things (sorry). My schedule has some limits, which mean that I'd like to propose arriving a few days before departure, in case I might be helpful with any prep work - I have some experience and skills there (esp electrical). Then I'd be on board as we head off to Isla Muheres & Belize etc. I'd just have to see were we got to in 14 to 21 days hence. I don't know if you really looking for someone to share a few months, but (unfortunately) I can't. But I would certainly join you for the "up to three weeks" type of commitment. I'm particularly interested to sail the GOM in a 28', as my other sailing was on larger, and I'v decided the 25-28 is the ideal size for my own future sailboat. I've long been a "smaller is better" fan, having logged hundreds of days on windsurfers.
last comment, I've head Rio Dulce is a fun side trip when near Guatemala, especially in a smallish (shallow draft) vessel.

Tags
Belize, florida