Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 18:17   #1

Surfing Adventure

Looking to touch base with Surfers (CREW) with exp in Indo/Sumartra/Gilies/Lombok/Mentawi Islands and beyond, your experience and abilities are the basis for your skills to cope with any situation...a bit about the boat 12.33m Roberts Spray Steel Hull 4.5ft Draft (Sloop rigged) Motor Sailer 12KVA genset fully aircon, Desalinator 26ltrs per hour 1000 Litres water and 1000 Litres diesel fuel Tender is brand new 3.4 Hyperlon Tubed Walker Bay 25hp Outboard (to explore and get right next to the break) all the nav and radar gear and safety needed for safe trip...Motivation, looking firstly to have fun and Surf great waves, meet new people and share culture and experiences, secondly, look at possibilities of setting up a new location to offer surf trips both onboard boat and land based...Boat will be leaving from Port Douglas Australia and going via Darwin then...
Old 07-05-2013, 03:14   #2

Re: Surfing Adventure

Hi There

Dont have any experience with the Indo islands, but have always wanted to surf there. To surf and sail them would be amazing.

I feel confident in my sailing experience as I have done a number of successful deliveries of Catamarans. As for my surfing, I have been surfing in South Africa and surf all my local breaks in Durban and have always wanted to surf around the world

Lyle