Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2014, 20:03   #1

Boat: Hatteras 61 CMY, Hatteras 58 Yachtfish, Eastern 21 CC
Seeking Long-Term Cruising Companion(s).

I am a semi-retired professional who owns two older, but very up-to-date, Hatteras Cockpit Motor Yachts. One is based near Annapolis MD and the other near Anacortes Washington. In 2012, I cruised four months completing a 4,000 mile trip along the Down East Circle Loop and Newfoundland. In 2013, I cruised the west coast for three months exploring the inside passage of British Columbia and Southeast Alaska north to Glacier Bay. Summer of 2014 I plan to explore the BC coast more completely including Prince of Wales Island AK. Fall 2014 I plan to take the east coast boat south to the Bahamas and possibly east to Puerto Rico. In 2015 I want to explore Prince William Sound and perhaps Kodiak Island. The Sea of Cortez is a possibility after that.

I have 45 years’ experience in sail and power vessels along the east coast, Bahamas, and Caribbean. I hold a 100 ton USCG license rated at near-coastal Master of Steam, Motor, and Auxiliary sail.

I say “semi-retired” because I am the part-time COO in my wife’s research and consulting firm. This allows me a great deal of free time but I do spend about 15 to 20 hours a week dealing with business matters from my boat when aboard.

I am seeking one or two new friends to join me as long-term crew exploring new places. While my family or other friends will join me when possible, I want more reliability and continuity to permit me to continue cruising rather than laying up in a marina between guests. I also want to be able to leave the boat for a couple of weeks as necessary and know that I have someone aboard who will care for it while I am gone.

Congeniality, capability, reliability, financial freedom, and personal flexibility are the primary requirements for this position. I will take care of the boat expenses. I expect my crew to be responsible for their own travel and entertainment expenses and to assume their share of food expenses. If you can afford to share fuel costs that might get you additional points, but the first five requirements are non-negotiable. I also expect you to be a non-smoker and, at most, a light drinker.

Tags
cruising, cruising companion