Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 07:52   #1

Panama to Marquases

Hi, we're an Australian couple who will be crossing the Pacific on our catamaran early next year and are looking for a single or couple to join us on our voyage from Panama to the Marquesas via the Galapagos in Mid Feb. Our Cat is a comfortable 2003 Lagoon 380 and is fitted out for extended sailing. We're hoping to find friendly and easy-going crew member/s who can cover their own travel arrangements and contribute to provisioning (food). However we will cover all the boat costs such as fuel, clearances etc. Sailing experience or time on boats would be a positive. We plan to spend approximately a week in Galapagos and hope to arrive in the Marquesas early April. Timing will be dependent on weather etc so flexibility of travel plans may be needed. Let us know if you're interested. Thanks, Dan & Sara
Old 12-10-2013, 17:09   #2

Boat: Saddler 32'
Re: Panama to Marquases

Hello,

I Live and sail mainly in Jamaica. My family owns a Saddler 32' and have skippered it quite a lot. I have done a crossing to Cuba, and Once to Panama last year. I couldn't tell you the hours or experience, but I have sailed 2-3 times a week for the past 6-7 years. I love off-shore sailing and I should have crossed the Pacific earlier this year on a friend's Cat ... SV Living ... I missed out due to a shoulder dislocation a month before departure.

I am 27, Male, Athletic. I will be in Panama early next year sailing with friends in the San blas Islands, and hope to go on westwards from there. I can cook, I can clean, I'm not a great story teller but I do like a good conversation. I was born in the UK and have lived in Jamaica most of my life, so Passport shouldn't be an issue for travelling.

I have an Older brother who lives in Boca Raton, Florida. and a Younger Brother living in Brisbane, Australia. It has been my dream to sail from one to the other.

I thoroughly recommend a stop in Jamaica on your way to Panama if you have the time!

Regards, Matthew

P.S. I work free lance Architecture so I am making my self available from Feb-September of next year to fulfill this dream of mine.
Old 12-10-2013, 23:25   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Ctmlupi RYA

Hi,
I am ernesto, 42 yo, and I am interested on your plan, I like it very much.
I grow up in the Mediterranean Sea and I have little experience in the ocean.
I have RYA Yachtmaster offshore cert., I speak eng franch Spanish and my language: Italian.
I have no problem of time. I left my work, so I am full of time
Other... I love sail, I am strong enough for that journey, I know how to do good pasta and real espresso (hope you know about real tea).
Hoping you are interested on me, excuse my bad English grammar and I hope to read you in my email (ernesto dot giancotti hat gmail com) or by this wonderful site.
Something more about me in my profile.
See you
Ciao
Old 08-12-2013, 16:31   #4

Hello!

My name is Alicia, I am the female American half of a touring bicycle couple--my boyfriend Iko is French Canadian--looking to get back on the water. We are currently in Guatemala and heading south. Iko has cycled from Montreal, and is trying to make it to Argentina; and I am along for the ride (on a bike, boat, bus, car, giant turtle, etc.) We're not in any rush however; and a detour to the Marquesas sounds lovely.

We both have boat maintenance and sailing experience--I worked on traditional tall ships for several years in the US (Welcome To The Home Of America's Privateer Lynx for the link to the boat I worked on longest). I sailed the Great Lakes and down the east coast of the US to the Virgin Islands, done 5 months of maintenance work on the boat, and hauled out several boats. I also spent last summer salmon fishing in Alaska, so helping out with provisioning won't be a problem. Iko helped build a wooden boat in Gaspe Sea in Nova Scotia.

You can get in touch with me at ahedlesky at gmail dot com.

thanks!

Alicia and Iko
Old 09-12-2013, 14:34   #5

Boat: Miller 41

Hello,
I am very interested in your adventure. I am a retired Elementary School Principal who has been sailing for about 40 yrs. I have sailed and raced on everything from beach cats to 54 ft racers. I have lived in Anacortes, Washington in the San Juan Islands for the past 23 years where I raced on my Dash 34 and any available boat about 25 to 30 races per year including 9 Swiftsure races and several Southern Straits. My preferred position is fore deck. Also did the Port Huron to Mackinac on a 45 ftr. Last year we sold the Dash and bought a Miller 41 to race and cruise to Alaska. I just finished refurbishing it. Two winters ago I spent 5 weeks sailing with two other guys on a Hans Christian 38 from St. Lucia to Bonaire, Aruba, Santa Marta, Columbia and the Panama Canal where the boat was put up in a yard. I'm also a passable cook and can repair most things on a boat. I'm 68 yrs old, in excellent health 5ft 10in, 175 lbs and take no medications. My wife and I are also distance bicyclists and ride 100 to 170 miles a week over the summer. We recently completed the Seattle to Portland 2 day 207 mile event. She is a ER nurse, 5 yrs younger and wants to keep working. I am presently remodeling our kitchen and working part time as a deckhand on a 45ft water taxi to stay busy. We are financially stable and I can take off as much time as I wish. I would love to do the canal crossing, Las Perlas, Ecuador, Galapagos, Marquesas and Tahiti. I have been to Tahiti and Moorea once and Panama 5 times. I believe I could be a great asset to your trip. I look forward to hearing from you, Bernie
Old 10-12-2013, 16:33   #6

Boat: Miller 41

OOPS!! forgot email bseltingwa@comcast.net

Tags
Panama