Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2012, 06:45   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 46
Panama / Galapagos to Marquesas / Tahiti

Hi there, we're two young Australian guys sailing our 2009 Beneteau Oceanis 46 (Extensive safety, genset and water maker) from Athens, Greece to Sydney, Australia. We're looking for 1 crew member to join us on our passage from either Panama (c24th of March) or Galapagos (c15th of April) to Marquesas or Tahiti in the South Pacific. We will be 3 in total and you'll have a private double cabin. Experience essential and you would be expected to carry out normal sea duties, including share of solo watches, cooking and cleaning. We would want to meet this person before make a decision. We'd also expect you to share in the provisioning costs. Check out our blog for more information on us - BVI bliss | Whippersnapper We're about to embark on a passage from the Caribbean to the San Blas Islands so may be offline for much of the next three weeks. Have patience with us.

Cheers,
Hugh and Mike
Old 26-02-2012, 10:44   #2

Re: Panama / Galapagos to Marquesas / Tahiti

Hey I am an 18 year old south african girl, I have travelled a lot on my own, I have my competent crew , VHF and SSB radio licenses, I have grown up around yachts and love sailing , I dont really have plans this year. I also have my lifeguard qualification and am a good cook, let me know if you are keen to skype
Old 02-03-2012, 09:43   #3

Hi Hugh and Mike,

My name is Rich and I'm currently located down in Ecuador looking for passage across the Pacific, and your ad struck me as pretty interesting!

I'm 21 years old, from the US, and have been sailing small boats and windsurfing since I was 10. I've never been on a long voyage, but would love to get on one before going off to graduate school. I am reasonably fit, have no known medical problems, and very enthusiastic about sailing. I'd be happy to perform all required tasks and the like.

Are you planning on stopping in Ecuador at all along the way, or just in the Galapagos? If you're not, I might be able to get myself to the Galapagos on another boat by the 15th of April. Also, do you have any estimate regarding the average cost of the trip? I'm happy to chip in, but unfortunately I don't have an enormous budget, and it's got to last until school starts.

If you're interested, you can contact me at "rpang dot contact at gmail.com" or "rpang at wisc.edu".

Look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Rich
Old 23-03-2012, 15:43   #4

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 46
Hi All, we're still looking for this crew member! Currently in La Playita Marina which is very close to Panama City. Want to meet with you before making a decision so you need to be in the local area. Some experience essential. Estimated departure date end of the month... We will go two handed if no one suitable is avaliable.
Old 23-03-2012, 15:51   #5

Hi, we are in St.Maarten and looking for a boat, actually going to Australia. we can to fly to Panama. how is the costs? 2 people is not problem?we have some sailing experience. thanks, Zsofia and David
Old 29-03-2012, 14:02   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to Kevinito

Hey Hugh and Mike, my name is Kevin, 34 yr young belgian, currently on a leopard cat in a galapagos, going to the Marquesas. After that looking for a boat to take me further to OZ. Would be great if we can see each other in the Marquesas.
or email me at x8kevver at hotmail dot com
Old 05-04-2012, 01:31   #7

Hi Hugh and Mike
I am a 28 year old male from South Africa. Currently looking at taking a break after my project ends mid july and want to embark on another adventure. I would love to try my hand at sailing and am very keen to help out where ever i can and in whatever position presents itself. I work in the TV industry which can be extremely difficult, long hours and very pressurised so am looking to do something completely different while i am away on holiday and something new and exciting. I would like to email and find out a few more details and dates etc etc. Please send me your email terence_monash @ yahoo . com
Old 14-04-2012, 12:25   #8

HI Hugh and Mike,
I don't know if you have already left Panama at this stage....
If not, my name is Luca, 39, italian. At the moment I live in Panama city, just next to the canal. I have been here for the last 4 monthsa after having been travelling accross Asia for 15 months. I have already had sailing experience, as I used to sail for many year, overall during my 15-20 years old with my father and his 12 meters boat.
My final destination is Samoa, but of course I am flexible abour the journet plan.
other info : I lived 10 years out of my country, 7 in Ireland and 3 in France. I speak english and french. for other information please find below my email.
letrainbleuenvoyage@gmail.com
Thank you
Luca.
Old 14-04-2012, 22:25   #9

G'day Hugh.
My name is james, im from tassie (30yrs old), am a boat owner, have plenty of experience and am potentially keen to jump onboard if you still need crew for your trip through the south pacific. Whats your email address mate and i'll send you a line (off the public forum).

cheers
James.
(thorpie_tassie@hotmail.com)

Tags
Galapagos, marquesas, Panama, tahiti