Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2008, 14:05   #1

Onward from Hawaii-seeking crew position

Aloha, I'm new to the forum. What a terrific site to connect with! I cruised from San Diego through the South Pacific from 1977 to 1983 on a 33' Kantola trimaran. Then up to Hawaii on a 100' steel schooner. I've helped build about 20 boats. I built my own home here on Big Island and raised 2 daughters.
Now I'm primed for a new adventure: travel around the world. I'm good with tools, designing and inventing solutions. I'm a silver and goldsmith by trade, a fine arts educator by profession, a singer/songwriter/musician at heart, with a passion for travel. It seems most fitting that I depart Hawaii in the manner in which I arrived, by sea.
Though I have extensive past experience cruising abroad I feel like a novice again, open to relearning sailing techniques in the way of the captain in charge. Is there a boat about to depart Hawaii for the mainland? I would love to visit my family first, but I'm wide open right now and it's an exciting time of life! I'll be checking in, who knows where our paths may cross...
Sincerely, Cynthia
Old 03-07-2008, 13:28   #2

Boat: Voyage Mayotte 47
Send a message via MSN to livingthedream
Smile Looking For Crew from Hawaii to Ensenada/San Diego

Cynthia,

If you are still in Hawaii and looking to get back we have an opening as long as we can get you approved by the insurance company to crew. We are in the process of purchasing a 47ft voyage catamaran and it is currently in route from Fiji to Kiribati where my fiance and I will be joining the current owners for a sail to Hawaii. Due to personal obligations we will not be able to continue the journey and we need at least one bluewater experienced sailor to join the captain for the journey to Ensenada Mexico.

Please reply if you are interested and available. If you have already found your way back I hope that your journey has been as you would have liked.

Warm Regards,

Todd Cantor
Old 04-07-2008, 15:09   #3

What are the estimated dates?

" I know enough to know...... that I don't know enough"