Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 21:05   #1

Needing Crew for 45 Foot Catamaran St Lucia to OZ and Beyond

Hi all world travellers
Looking for crew for all or sections of the trip from St Lucia to Australia leaving end of Feb into Australia by end of Sept , route not set in stone yet. Wanting 3 to 4 crew ,experience needed ? not so much.Outgoing and easy to get along with main requirement. Vessel well set up for extended cruising.Replies to this forum and I will send contact details.
Looking forward to a terrific voyage through the Pacific.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:19   #2

Re: Needing Crew for 45 foot catamaran St Lucia to OZ and beyond

Hi,

I'm interested in the trip, sounds like a great adventure. I graduated from college in california and would like to go cruising. I've been boating for most of my life, have done a lot of racing in smaller boats, and have cruised in southern california and the sea of cortez. I'd like to hear more about the trip! Hope to hear from you soon.

Matt
Old 07-01-2012, 19:38   #3

Hi Liseron,

My girlfriend, Yaz (23, photographer and PR/events) and I (25, worked in social media & advertising) are currently in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, on our way to Panama and then hopefully onwards across the Pacific to Australia or New Zealand.

We sailed here from Los Angeles on a Catalina 42 and circumnavigated Antigua in 2009. We have great experience in sailing, night watches, cleaning, cooking and provisioning as well as being friendly and easy going too.

In addition to our practical experience, we're qualified to RYA Competent Crew level and very keen to progress our skills and learn from more experienced sailers as we sail with them.

When do you expect to arrive in Panama? Is it likely you'll need crew there? We could meet you either on the Pacific side or on the Caribbean side if you prefer.

Thanks,

Tom & Yaz
Old 08-01-2012, 12:53   #4

Hello
We are professional couple and novice sailors. We are laid back with a can do attitude. We are trying to get more miles under our belt before we begin our full time sailing life in a few years. Becca is a great chef and probably the better half. Many years ago I sailed the coastal waterways of Florida, but this seems to be a life time ago. We are both non smokers, social drinkers. We are searching for our own catamaran and would love to get real time experience with the two of you. We are available in February & March our schedules are flexible for a two to three weeks. Unfortunately we would not be able to join you all the way to Australia. We will be able to pay for our own transportation to and from the boat along with provisions and other reasonable costs..
Shawn/becca
gulfproperties@yahoo.com
Old 10-01-2012, 15:31   #5

Howdy,

I have been sailing since I was 10 and spent about 12 years in the USCG, so I have a good deal of experience on the water in all size vessels.

I am available for the entire trip if we all end up being a good fit. I am very easy going and laid back and enjoy spirited conversations, but tend to be quiet and unobtrusive for the most part.

Unfortunately, I am unable to contribute anything other than my hard work and dedication to making the trip as safe and enjoyable as possible.

If this sounds like what you might be looking for then please let me know!

Thanks!!

Michael
Old 10-01-2012, 16:45   #6

Hi i an interested in any part of the legs that i could help and gain experience . i am 50 yr and i am very mechanical if needed let me know if you have any intrest thank Don
Old 11-01-2012, 20:47   #7

Hi,
I am a 36 year old female and my girlfriend and I have been looking to get on as crew for an adventure to expand our sailing experience and see some more of the world. We are currently in California and are both available from February until at least June. We are excellent at following directions and are very laid back but willing to work hard and have a lot to contribute. Message me with any additional information you may need and we can discuss further.
Cheers, Andrea
Old 12-01-2012, 12:15   #8

Hi Don
I am just finnishing up the itinery and will send it to you then we will have a chat on what legs you would like to do. Looking at having 3 to 5 on each leg across depending on the itinery and logistics.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:17   #9

Hi Andrea
I am just finnishing up the itinery and will send it to you then we will have a chat on what legs you would like to do. Looking at having 3 to 5 on each leg across depending on the itinery and logistics.
Old 13-01-2012, 19:15   #10

Hi Liseron,

I'm 24 sailor and biology student with a lot of blue water experience both as skipper and as crew. Looking forward to hear from you, my email lucaslanusse@hotmail.com

Cheers!!

Lucas
Old 14-01-2012, 07:36   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to Kevinito

hey Liseron,

Hopefully i am on of the world travellers you are looking for.
My name is Kevin, Belgian, 34 yr old and looking for a boat to crew on to leave from Panama to Oz, the last 3 months i was crewing on a 40 ft cat on the Caribbean side of Panama.
I am easy going, reasonable cook, and eager for some adventure.
I am also a diving instructor, so besides sailing, would love to dive some of the Pacific islands
Contact me at x8kevver at hotmail dot com
looking forward to hearing from you
Kevin
Old 14-01-2012, 09:15   #12

Boat: Hardin 45
Send a message via Skype™ to joannerhoden

Hi Liseron,

We are Joanne and Mark, a British couple who are looking for a yacht to go long term cruising.
Between us we have lots of sailing, mechanical and improvisational skills and are good all-rounders. We are a fun, easy going, happy and adventerous couple, and have had no complaints from any of the yachts we have been on; we have excellent references. We have no comitments and no time scale.
Joanne has been through the Pacific in 2009, has a lot of local knowledge and is keen to return.
We have a profile on www.findacrew.com number 147274 please check us out and if you think we may be a good match, we look forward to hearing from you.

Joanne and Mark.
Old 14-01-2012, 18:36   #13

Re: Needing Crew for 45 Foot Catamaran St Lucia to OZ and Beyond

Interested zarnzook@gmail.com
Old 17-01-2012, 06:15   #14

Re: Needing Crew for 45 Foot Catamaran St Lucia to OZ and Beyond

Am interested in first legs. Contact: scwidq@mac.com

Ron
Old 29-01-2012, 01:32   #15

To all still interested in the adventure from St Lucia to Brisbane below is the rough itinerary for trip across as you can see I have allowed for longish transit times between Islands and some time at each waypoint for adventuring , again times not set in stone if quicker transits are made then more time to adventure at each loation.
Liseron is a 45 foot Leopard catamaran set up for extended cruising with plenty of water and power capacity and full cockpit hardtop.

Itinerary for Liseron
Depart St Lucia March 1st
Aruba March 8 depart march 10
Colon March 17 transit canal to Panama depart march 31
Galapagos April 13 Depart April 16
Nuka Hiva May 26 Depart May 29
Tahiti June 7 Depart June 10
Bora Bora June 12 depart June 15
Raratonga June 21 depart June 24
Niue June 30 depart July 3
Tonga July 4 depart July 7
Fiji July 11 depart july 14
Noumea July 22 depart July 25
Brisbane 3 August

If all or part there of interests you please send me a note on brucemarriott@hotmail.com with phone details and I will contact you over the next couple of days.
Best regards
Bruce Marriott

Tags
catamaran, crew