Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2012, 17:02   #1

Looking to Build Some Miles - Canada, US, Central America, Hawaii

I have just started sailing in the last year. I purchased a small coastal cruiser (Sun 28) here at home on vancouver island. I have been Sailing almost every day and loving it. I am an avid surfer and love the ocean. I have been on many surf trips but my goal is to make my next big surf trip via sail. I am really hoping to get some experience on longer passages. For the right trip getting from my home to wherever you may be departing from is not a problem and also for the right trip I am open to shared costs. I am young (26), fit, and able. I would be so excited at an opportunity to go sailing offshore. If you need someone to clean the head and do the dishes I would be excited to talk details with you. I have an open ended schedule with no commitments and a few nickles saved for travel from port to port. I am a non-smoker. I have been working in restaurants for the last few years so I am also quite a good cook and can mix a mighty good cocktail. I have a degree in economics so I can carry a conversation and thanks to my parents I have been blessed with good old common sense. If all this sounds good to you, and you have room on your next passage, please PM me.
Old 03-09-2012, 19:28   #2

Re: Looking to Build Some Miles - Canada, US, Central America, Hawaii

NPAC..

Your post is a great read, surprised there are not multiple replies.

I am a Texan, old, as in 61, contemplating buying a 50 ft or so used Hinkley to keep on the East Coast, and then bring down to Caribbean during the winter. I have twin boys at College up East, so I have reason to want a boat up there. Family sailing trips could be fun. And I travel up East on business.

I intend to hire a Captain for a month or two in the Spring to make sure the boat is made seaworthy, and to teach us the specifics of cruising the East Coast, handling, and maintaining a boat of this size.

If I successfully find a boat, I would welcome someone with your profile to learn with us and hopefully stay with the boat for a few months.

We have plenty of small boat experience on the Gulf Coast, and have sailed for many years. I think my best racing years are far gone. But this will be a new adventure.

John
Old 04-09-2012, 06:52   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Morgan 512 51 feet 6inches

I am in the Bahamas....between charter seasons. Have alook at my website and get back to me if interested in doing some cruising.

newlazydays.runningbubbles.com
Old 24-12-2012, 11:50   #4

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35

Living on Princess Del Mar, a Hallberg Rassy 35 with an aft cabin, stationed in Vancouver. Will leave March to sail BC coast till May, then go south. Looking for someone to join in March. Please contact for more details, if interested.
Old 26-12-2012, 10:41   #5

My Tartan 37 is in St.Augustine--I will be taking it to the Bahamas starting the second week of Jan. You will need a passport. Any interest? Bill

Tags
Canada, Central America, hawaii