Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2011, 09:53   #1

Jumping Right In . . .

Well.....
This is my second post and I'm jumping right in......I am a novice sailor with some experience sailing in the Great Lakes. I may be able to get away in Nov 2011 for about a week of sailing in FLA. If anyone is looking for crew and is a patient teacher I would be interested. Not into racing, more of a cruiser type.
I'm 45 in good health and enjoy music, a few beers, meeting new people. Short term goal is to learn how to sail safely and correctly. Long term....not sure .....baby steps I guess......anyhoo, I'm looking to get out and see if the sailing life is really for me. Unfortunately "the man" still has me working 40 hours a week, so my time is limited. Please drop me a line if you're looking. Maybe we can work something out.

peace
Old 17-06-2011, 10:42   #2

Re: Jumping right in....

Welcome. You might want to try signing up for the Caribbean 1500 crew list, people often look for crew. We took a couple of inexperienced guys 15 years ago. Don't know what they thought of us at the end, but they got a lot of sailing experience and instruction.
Old 19-06-2011, 09:02   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah on 'Rita T' View Post
Welcome. You might want to try signing up for the Caribbean 1500 crew list, people often look for crew. We took a couple of inexperienced guys 15 years ago. Don't know what they thought of us at the end, but they got a lot of sailing experience and instruction.
thanks.....I will have a look, appreciate the advice.....is it a race or more like a flotilla?
Old 19-06-2011, 09:42   #4

It si a race for racers, a cruise for cruisers. The cruisers often want another warm body to keep a watch and do the heavy lifting when,f or instance, the forestay snaps. The racers obviously want more skills.