Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2015, 08:44   #1

Boat: 31' Hunter
Husband and Wife Competent Crew Available

My husband and I owned a 31' Hunter and had to sell this year due to an employment change for my husband. Prior to that, we owned a Catalina 22'. We have experience of 6 seasons on the water in Narragansett Bay RI and hope to increase our skills by crewing on short term voyages (1-7 day passages or deliveries). Longer voyages may be possible after September 2015. We hope to gain experience with off shore and coastal cruising since our experience till now has been limited to bay sailing. We live in Massachusetts and depending on the duration of the passage, we can drive to you or even fly.

We are both non smokers, competent, reliable and ready to assist with all aspects of sailing, cooking, and maintenance while on board and look forward to gaining as much knowledge as possible. We are pleasant and agreeable and have no physical limitations. We can pay our own expenses to, or from your location.

I am also available as a single crew and for that, the ideal situation would be to crew on a boat with an experienced couple or with other women sailors aboard.
Old 20-03-2015, 08:55   #2
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Husband and Wife Competent Crew Available

You should add where you really are located and whether you would be available during the week.

Sometimes I look for sailing company during the week, but it normally is short notice depending on my schedule and the weather (ie that morning my schedule allows and it is nice today, lets go for a sail)
Old 20-03-2015, 09:05   #3

Thanks Sailorboy1. I updated the post but all depends on the situation. As for weekday sails, my husband is pretty flexible and I am as well. We may need a day or two to arrange our affairs. Please keep us in mind!
Old 20-03-2015, 13:49   #4

Boat: 33 ft Morgan oi

Hi I am going to move my 44' CYS from Mobile, Al to Clearwater,fl and would like to do that in the next week or 2 but not in a hurry.
Let me know what you mite me able to do time wise and if you are interested.
would be just us 3 most likely
Thank you
Clement
61 yr male non smoker
Old 20-03-2015, 14:21   #5

Thanks Carambo46 but to fly round trip would be out of our budget this time around. If we fly south and sail north, it could be doable so if you're ever coming up toward north east, please keep us in mind I hope you find someone who can help and I'm disappointed we can't. I'm sure your boat is a beauty.
Old 20-03-2015, 16:12   #6

I sail out of Northport LI but am thinking about doing a Maine cruise and it could be OK to have crew/company for at least part of the journey...
Old 20-03-2015, 16:38   #7

Sandero that could work for us as well! Please keep our info or if you want to PM me with questions, feel free. Thanks!
Old 21-03-2015, 08:32   #8

Hi Thelmab1200,

I, too live in Ma. and keep my C&C 29 down on Narragansett. I am usually always looking for crew so if you want to sail familiar waters, keep me in mind. Weekend hops over to Block Island or Cutty Hunk are on the docket this summer too. :-)
Old 21-03-2015, 10:01   #9

Phcagent! That sounds great! I'll PM with my contact info.
Old 21-03-2015, 11:15   #10

Boat: C&C Custom 38 - SPIRIT

I plan to sail my c & c 38 from Jacksonville, Florida to Maine in late June and sail the Maine waters this summer. I could use some assistance offshore with an experienced friend and then in the Maine waters. I'm USCG 100 ton Master and experienced in offshore sailing. Non smoker, social drinker, laid back but a stickler about safety and good weather sailing. Please PM me and we'll talk more. SS

Tags
crew, crew available