Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 01:50   #1

Boat: F&C 44' KETCH
Galveston, TX: Day/Weekend crew wanted

Mid-40's sailing couple refitting at 44' Spanish Ketch-- in need of reliable crew for 1/2 day, full day and rare possible weekend overnight trips Oceanside on volunteer basis.

Newbies okay-- just beware that all Lake boaters get sick out in small 4' chop healing. Please know your limitations...

1) Saling experience if any
2) Current/Recent Photo of yourself
3) Your general availability
4) Your GEO
Old 04-05-2016, 10:53   #2

Boat: 19' Lightning
Re: Galveston, TX: Day/Weekend crew wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDLE JUMPER II View Post
Mid-40's sailing couple refitting at 44' Spanish Ketch-- in need of reliable crew for 1/2 day, full day and rare possible weekend overnight trips Oceanside on volunteer basis.

Newbies okay-- just beware that all Lake boaters get sick out in small 4' chop healing. Please know your limitations...

1) Saling experience if any
2) Current/Recent Photo of yourself
3) Your general availability
4) Your GEO
Hello:

I live in League City from Jan to May, but I'm there occasionally in the summer. I have sailed and raced with a bunch of people out of Kemah over the years and know Galveston Bay fairly well. I would be interested in joining you if you have room when I'm in Texas. I have more than 5000 miles of offshore experience. Did the Harvest Moon in 2013 and have sailed across the Caribbean, across the Gulf of Mexico, up the Atlantic Coast, down the Atlantic Coast, The ICW, down the coast of Vancouver Island and all over New England. >40 years of experience including deckhand on a salvage tug, helped pull quite a few "yachties" off rocky reefs in NE. Let me know, cheers!
Old 04-05-2016, 16:15   #3

Hi.

I am interested in sailing with y'all. I have taken ASA 101, 103,& 104 and last summer I sailed with friends in Antigua. My husband and I live in Bayou Vista and both want to get some more sail time. We live on the water and both have boating experience but not much sailing. I work from home so my schedule is extremely flexible. My husband would only be available on the weekends. We are in our mid-late thirties, adventurous, and quick learners. You can visit our website to see pictures of us and see our DIY adventures. brianandkaylor(dot)com

You can email me at kaylorlittle@yahoo(Dot)com
Old 25-05-2016, 13:31   #4

Greetings Puddle Jumper II. I am 59, live in Cypress, TX (NW Houston) and would love to sail with you. Not a lot of sailing experience but have been around water and boats all my life. Have owned several fishing boats. Currently own a 20' bass boat. Owned and sailed a Hobie Cat in Corpus Christi in my 20's. Sailed on my brother's Beneteau 31 in Galveston Bay a few years ago. Went with Reuben (Sailing Instructor) on his C&C 34 this past Monday (5/23/16) in Galveston Bay. He says my ability, knowledge and comfort level rival many of those who have an ASA certificate. Be that as it may, I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more and get more time on the water. I am a non-smoker, non-drinker between jobs, so schedule is flexible. Feel free to contact me at txangler5@gmail.com. Cheers!
Old 26-05-2016, 19:45   #5

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint

would request clarification: "4) Your GEO" ? what be dat ting?
May be one of those "if you have to ask ...".
(I'm sure it's not "Geosynchronous Earth Orbit"?)

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted