Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 15:36   #1
mct

Boat: catamaran, 50'
Fiji Westbound Bali, Mauritius

Hi all. 49foot catamaran on circumnavigation. I’m in Fiji now heading west and perhaps skirting past admin-keen australia in favour of spending more time in easier places like Mauritius and Reunion, then RSA, then transat to caribbee over xmas or new year.

Cost-wise I pay all boat costs (marinas, fuel, spares) you pay your travel costs and we share food costa. In other words you pay just for the extra costs of “you” being on board - you aren’t subsidising anything.

I’ll show/tell everything. You just have to wake me up if anything happens. Okay, perhaps don’t wake me up if that cloud moves a bit. Whatever....

I’m not really expecting any one person to make the whole trip - just one leg of the trip is fine.

Should be quite fun. I don’t drink/smoke so yerknow, don’t come if that’s an issue. Is it? Hope not.

Matt

s/y Mojomo
Old 04-08-2012, 22:45   #2

Re: Fiji westbound Bali, Mauritius

Hello Matt!
I'm really interested in your add. I'm actually in New Zealand and looking for a sailing boat to go back to Europe (or at least near).
When do you think you'll be leaving the Fidji's?
Few words about me: French, 27year old woman, I know some sailing and made a few cruises in the Mediterranean Sea and in Brittany, still a lot to learn specially in english... Dynamic, easy going and describe as "bubbly" by my friends...
Cheers,
Laurence
Old 05-08-2012, 03:18   #3
mct

as soon as I can get crew. I will send a PM
Old 05-08-2012, 11:53   #4

Boat: Punch 1010 36ft

Hi Matt
Intresting voyage you're doing, which does intrest me to join,
would have to fly in from europe ? therefore would have to stay at least 'till
caribean, but then would have done half the globe, can pay for own
expenses and have loads of time, easy going and experience,
don't mind you not smoking/drinking if you don't mind I do
have a good one
Old 05-08-2012, 20:26   #5
mct

hah, okay, i suppose my text wasn’t clear enough. It’s a no-smoking boat. No problem about anyone smoking though - just not on this boat.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:31   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to HellGuard

I'm interested in such trip. 48 y.o., don't drink, don't smoke.
Old 07-08-2012, 00:44   #7
mct

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellGuard View Post
I'm interested in such trip. 48 y.o., don't drink, don't smoke.
Ooer! Well, er, maybe. I daren’t ask why you chose the name Hellguard? It sounds very scary?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:00   #8

Hi Matt,
yes I;ve seen your request at findacrew as well, and you haven't replied my wave yet !!
amazing to see how few reactions you get, would that be because you're so
far out or because it's a non smoking boat,
As said already I would join your cat but I smoke for which I don't excuse myself, it was mainly the way you wrote your initial message that made me reply the first time, I knew the answere in advance,
hope you find crew, have a great journey, maybe we meet somewhere,
rob
Old 11-08-2012, 09:39   #9
mct

It’s an awkward trip with distant start/stop and i suppose one that is more attractive to those who pack up their job/life ashore for a while, rather than flit out for a few days or a week.

Or did you mean I am “far out” in a trippy 60’s sort of way, I wonder? I don’t think so but sometimes Americans have such a way with words us brits don’t know what is being said half the time....

Anyway the smoking is just a no-no on a boat where other don’t smoke. I used to smoke but packed it in. You could too? So instead of having a few cigs you could be in Fiji, Mauritius and caribbee? Much nicer? Check out allancarr.com -this guy runs courses, well known, helped lots of hollywood stars etc pack it in. I think they have clinics worldwide and you just turn up, 1 day course and many pack it in right there and then. I did.

all the best
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28   #10

By no means I meant trippy, I think you're the kind of brit I like, only looking at your way of talking/writing.
you see I am Dutch, travelled and met all sorts, and immediately know whom I have in front of me, it's in your tongue ,mate
so no I am not american, but you kicked of the butts down there, so you been there longer then I have, ps; it's mostly the stopped smoker's that don't want it around them, but in the testimonals from your former crew it said bring a bottlle o'whiskey! so U do drink, getting you on the details there.
and yes I was invited aboard french polynesia, that's a hell of a flight,$$$
Main reason I ain't got a boat is being alone, because I like sailing better then happy hours,,,,
Old 12-08-2012, 07:12   #11

Hey Matt,

We are an unexperienced sailing couple (30 years old) but are both eager and excited to learn, can cook and clean, dont smoke and hardly drink, and are completely mobile and free for as long as we desire. We both have travelled lots and want to take it to the next level. If we sound applicable let us know. We are fit, healthy and happy!
Old 19-08-2012, 10:23   #12

Re: Fiji westbound to Bali, Mauritius

where are you now I love sailing have sailed the BVI's on 45' monohaul
female retired no health issues can go anywhere
Old 20-08-2012, 20:09   #13

Hi Matt,

I'm a 32 year old male running a charter boat in Alaska. I'm nearing the end of my season and am hoping to crew on a voyage like you have planned for Mojomo. I can pay my way and am a non-smoker. I have limited sailing experience but am a quick learner and have worked on boats for nearly a decade.

I am free until April and interested in crewing for as much time as possible. If you care to know more about me, let me know. Thanks for your time.

Scott
Old 21-08-2012, 08:02   #14

Re: Fiji westbound to Bali, Mauritius

Matt,
as I mentioned before I am a female widowed & free to sail anywhere can pay my own way I have sailed the BVI's I luv the islands could join you
slim in good shape no health issues
Old 23-08-2012, 22:28   #15

Boat: Marcon Rival 32' MK III
Hi there,

I am a 43 yo non-smoking female currently in Koh Samui and looking to get back on board a sailboat if I can.

I previously owned a 44' Choey lee that I got ready to sail and took, w/help of capt and mate, from Ct to the Bahamas. I've got some good experience, get along well with everyone and am a pretty good cook.

I am traveling the world for the next year and my only plans currently are to be in India between end of Sept till end Oct-ish.

Please let me know if you're interested or in need of anymore help that can maybe work around my India trip. Available to fly into almost any part of SE Asia.

Thanks and fair winds!
Alexandra

Tags
Fiji, fiji