Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 11:26   #1

Boat: 21m Classic gaff rigged ketch
Family boat looking for extra hand

We have two young children (7,4) aboard our 21m classic gaff yacht. We are presently in the Canaries and plan to move soon towards Turkey.
My wife and I are actually looking for an au pair/nanny, but will consider all possibilities and crew, whatever works.
The vessel is tried and tested, very sturdy, extremely safe. I am a professional mariner.
We are young and easy going. Please PM me your email if interested.

Thx

Alex
Old 07-05-2013, 17:45   #2

I'm not really sure how to pm on this forum but I am very interested. My name is Courtney and I am from Wisconsin in the united states. My family has a Catalina 42 that I have been crewing on my whole life. I have also done some college sailing on 420's and in the summer I usually crew on solings as well as our boat. I am also really great with kids. I have taught swimming lessons to all ages for six years. And I was a nanny all last summer for a family in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I am 21 years old, 5'2" and 105 lbs. I am available the whole month of August and I am willing to fly out there and work for the whole month.
Old 13-05-2013, 02:09   #3

Re: Family boat looking for extra hand

Hello!
I am an Ocean Yachtmaster sailor with good experience in different kinds of boats. Is there a possibility of a couple crew for this journey? I'll be available from June.
Old 14-05-2013, 05:14   #4

Hello,
My name is Altan and I am an experienced sailor with a yacht master coastal license. My wife is swedish and she has experience in taking care of the kids. we are easy going, good cooks & playing music at an advanced level ( piano& guitar) . And if you are planning to come to Turkey than you will just have to buy us one way tickets Please contact from altan.gungor@hotmail.com if you are interested.
Thx.
Old 15-05-2013, 01:02   #5

Boat: shipman 28

hi
my name is marco and i am very interested on the trip.
i have good experience and i live in ireland at the moment. im good with kids and with passion for sea. im 37 years old italian man, let me know if u r interested please

kind regards
Old 16-05-2013, 12:42   #6

Hi GaffClassic,

I sent you an email with info and details. Best of luck finding a crew!

Max
Old 17-05-2013, 09:37   #7

Hi,

we are two friendly, willing and able 24 year olds. We are now inthe Algarve having sailed a 65ft gaff ketch from Falmouth UK. We are very keen to carry on sailing so if you would like to know more about us, send me an email. Joshua + Amber
Old 17-05-2013, 09:58   #8

Boat: CORBIN 39

what a great looking boat, this is a boat for young crew for sure. sounds like you have good responses here. enjoy your trip.
Old 17-05-2013, 10:00   #9

Boat: CORBIN 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castelic View Post
I'm not really sure how to pm on this forum but I am very interested. My name is Courtney and I am from Wisconsin in the united states. My family has a Catalina 42 that I have been crewing on my whole life. I have also done some college sailing on 420's and in the summer I usually crew on solings as well as our boat. I am also really great with kids. I have taught swimming lessons to all ages for six years. And I was a nanny all last summer for a family in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I am 21 years old, 5'2" and 105 lbs. I am available the whole month of August and I am willing to fly out there and work for the whole month.

soling sailor? wonderful. raced them myself. abbott boat. great one design class.

Tags
family