Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2011, 13:43   #1

Day-Sailing Out of Kemah / Galveston, TX

I'm 56 years old, 6ft. 215 lb. My wife is 53, 5'8" and 145 lb., both fit to crew. I've raced cats and Jboats in years past and owned several sail boats from 19 to 28ft. I've completed the U.S. Coast Guard "sailing and seamanship" course (so what...) and sailed both fresh and salt.

Now for the reason I'm posting:

I'm slowly but surly talking my soon to be retired wife into a cruiser (45 to 50 footer) liveaboard and, the lifestyle/travel opportunities that comes with it. She's never sailed; I need a trip out in the gulf some day just to let her see what it's all about as well as a fly by look at what happens socially and mechanically, in and around a yacht basin/club. I would like to ultimately, cruise in and around the gulf with her but she's a Scorpio so seeing is believing. I need a daysail out on a boat.

We live in Montgomery, Texas and have most every Sat. off as well as Mondays.

Anyone down my way that could use a day crew on a 35 (or so...) footer or more, send me an email would you?

Regards, Mitch

mwilkins@consolidated.net
Old 23-08-2011, 14:13   #2

Boat: Alberg 37 "Joan III"
Well first of all unless you really really like hot weather: stay away until October. When one lives in Houston it is really good to have Galveston bay for the daysails and the Gulf to venture further afield. It is not a great area for hopping from port to port something you may prefer to do when sailing only with your first mate.

When it's get cooler do check back in.
Old 31-08-2011, 09:23   #3

Re: Day-Sailing Out of Kemah / Galveston, TX

my name is james , i'm 45 living in arkansas. i just started lofting my first cruiser, a 29' paul gartside gaff cutter. i have only sailed on the lake and river here, i am looking also for someone that would like to have an extra hand for a day sail out on the gulf. i have been to freeport,tx. before, have family from there. i am also waiting til about october , if anyone would like to have me aboard for a day sail, i would appreciate it very much, i will be willing to buy the drinks. contact me through here or my email...seagypsy2012@gmail.com

Tags
day sailing, kemah, sailing