Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-11-2012, 12:51   #1

Boat: Selene Ocean Trawler, 60
Costa Rica to Mexico

Hello all,
My husband and I have been cruising the Caribbean for the past two years on our 2007 Selene 57 ocean trawler (power boat). We transited the Panama Canal in October and are currently in Golfito, Costa Rica. Our plan is to make our way north over the next three months to be in position to ship the boat on one of the yacht transport ships in early March from either Manzanillo or Mazatlan. This will be a leisurely trip with many stops along the way in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala and the Gold Coast of Mexico. Time and weather permitting, may spend some time in the southern part of the Sea of Cortez.

Looking for a couple or individual to join us, as there are several longer passages along the way and having an extra set of eyes to help with night watches and an extra pair of hands when needed is always welcome.

This is an unpaid position. We cover all boat expenses, plus room and board.

Please get back to us if you are interested in joining us on our adventure and are available within the next few weeks.

Thank you,

Deborah, Bill and Cody (our 2 year old Schipperke pup)
Old 29-11-2012, 05:38   #2

Re: Costa Rica to Mexico

Bill & Deborah - i am a 53 year old recently retired (engineer) canadian in Ft.Lauderdale who came down here to help a friend with the purchase/sailing of a catamaran to the south pacific. unfortunately it looks as if the sale (due to unforseen structural issues) is not going to go through. i live in the Toronto area & powerboat on the great lakes. i am easygoing, an avid reader, like to explore - am good with night watches, & am interested in joining the 3 of you. send a message back if you might be interested in having me aboard for your adventure

Barry Medwid
Old 29-11-2012, 08:51   #3

Barry,
Thank you for your interest. Right after posting the ad, the crew of a neighboring boat recommended someone locally that may be interested. We met him this morning and have decided to have him join us. Best of luck in finding the right situatioin for you.
Deb, Bill and Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryM19 View Post
Bill & Deborah - i am a 53 year old recently retired (engineer) canadian in Ft.Lauderdale who came down here to help a friend with the purchase/sailing of a catamaran to the south pacific. unfortunately it looks as if the sale (due to unforseen structural issues) is not going to go through. i live in the Toronto area & powerboat on the great lakes. i am easygoing, an avid reader, like to explore - am good with night watches, & am interested in joining the 3 of you. send a message back if you might be interested in having me aboard for your adventure

Barry Medwid
Old 29-11-2012, 08:52   #4

Re: Costa Rica to Mexico UPDATE

We have filled this position. Best of luck to all who are looking in finding the right situation!
Deb, Bill and Cody
Old 29-11-2012, 09:53   #5

Plan a stop in Maruata (on the mexican pacific coast) if you get the chance. beatiful spot i visited last year. Good boating!

Barry

Tags
Mexico