Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2016, 05:21   #1
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Caribbean Catamaran Sailing

Jen and I may be headed toward Panama on our 2014 Lagoon 400 catamaran in the near future. We are currently in Antigua. Plans haven't been confirmed as yet, but we will have space for some crew to join us for parts of the trip. Getting along and enjoying the ride is more important than experience. We enjoy teaching and training crew with a desire to learn and participate in all aspects of sailing/navigation/anchoring etc. I am a commercially qualified Australian Captain, Jen is a gourmet French chef and Balrog is our German Shepard wonder dog. We have been living aboard for the past five years and sailed from Europe to the Caribbean last year after a couple of years in the Med. Sephina is well found and equipped with all safety gear necessary (life raft, jackets, mob beacons, AIS, radar, sat phone, etc) She is an owners version with three double berths.
Passages will be broken into smaller segments, with our usual stops along the way to enjoy sightseeing, snorkelling and diving, surfing (where possible) and kite surfing etc. The length of our stops depends on how much we enjoy the location as well as waiting for premium weather windows to sail to our next destination. Please refer to this before asking 'when will you be in xyz' as we don't know ourselves at this point in time.
Costs are generally on a shared basis for passages and depending on the situation will vary. Crew will be expected to make their own way to and from Sephina, as well as pay any immigration fees payable in various ports. Again these costs will vary depending on the location. Feel free to ask anything via private message or email sephina3228 at gmail. Past crew references are available and you can also see a bit more about us on our blog sephinacat.blogspot.com Sorry it hasn't been updated for a while
Old 09-01-2016, 11:19   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to mike528
Re: Caribbean Catamaran Sailing

Good day.
Have sent you an email.
Would much appreciate your reply.
Thanks and regards
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 09-01-2016, 15:41   #3

Boat: Lagoon 42

Ahh so tempting Monte! Are you going down the chain to Grenada and then do the crossing to ABCs -> Colombia -> Panama? If so, and if by the time you are ready for the big crossing from Grenada you still want crew, let me know. I can't take off for the fun part (the trip down the chain), but I may be able to join for the long passage. :-)
Old 13-01-2016, 09:37   #4

Do you have a general idea on how long the trip from Antigua to Panama will be?

And like BlueBuddha asked where do you plan on stopping along the way?
Old 13-01-2016, 11:03   #5
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

At this stage we are really enjoying Antigua. Time is ticking and if we don't had toward Panama in the next few weeks we will likely spend another season in the eastern Caribbean, slowly working our way south toward the grenadines/los rocas/ABCs/Panama. I'll update when we have a more accurate plan. (It's hard to leave the Caribbean!)
Old 13-01-2016, 17:31   #6

Hello!
I'm staying at Antigua right now and I would like to join your crew! Just sended you a PM.
Fair winds!
Old 13-01-2016, 17:51   #7
JKP

Boat: In 15 years hopefully a Lagoon 44

I would jump on a plane in a heart beat and join you guys as I have a bunch of paid time off saved up and ready to burn...however, my wife is preggers and I just asked her if she would hate me if I went on a Caribbean jaunt for a few weeks while she made preparations for the baby back home. Her response, "I would kick you out of the house!"
Old 14-01-2016, 08:07   #8

My wife (53) and I (57) are looking into moving into a cruising lifestyle. We do not have a great deal of experience and this would certainly be a great opportunity to live and learn.
I would certainly like to learn more about it...
Old 24-01-2016, 07:34   #9

Boat: Hunter 380

U got mail
Old 02-02-2016, 13:48   #10

Are you still looking?
Old 05-02-2016, 11:20   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to beiusei

I am interested in it, *but i am currently travelling Mexico and in that case i should change quickly my plans.

I am 40, english, spanish, italian speaking

Basic cook and Divemaster, Watchkeeper and deckhand.

My fb is *www.facebook.com/beiusei

I wait your reply soon because of my travel itinerary.

Thanks so much

Sent from my SM-T715C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Tags
Caribbean, catamaran, rib, sail, sailing