Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-10-2013, 11:36   #1

Post Caribbean/Bahamas?

My name is Mitchell, im 23 strong of body and mind and I have a little over 10,000NM logged. I have done the Mediterranean, Trans Atlantic and African coast as well as spending a month Island hopping in the Caribbean... all that being said, it has been almost 3 years since I stepped foot on a sailboat and plan on doing this trip simply to gain a little more experience before I set out on my own (long term) voyage next year.

My goals are simple, find a ship and Capt. that need a good hardworking crew member and squeezing them for every bit on knowledge and experience I can.

what I can bring to the table... Like I said, I'm 23 years old and fit. Hard work and long watches are nothing new to me and I really shine under difficult situations. My father is a 5 star French chef so I like to think I'm a decent cook. I don't get sea sick and I have over 10,000NM logged on traditionally rigged ships (might need a bit of training on modern rigged vessels). I have spent the last 8 years of my life as a professional fisherman so I can teach all kinds of cool fishing techniques and tips I have developed for my occasional sailing adventures. I have an open and friendly personality and have never been known as a confrontational person. I spent 5 years at a military academy and take orders with the best of them, not to mention I proudly maintain all of the cleaning and organizational skills I learned there.

as far as licenses go, I am VHF certified and I have my master of both coastal and open water navigation licenses from IYT. Again, I am more than slightly rusty in all of these fields so I would not suggest relying on me, although I can obviously be of assistance in a bind.

time line.... I am open here for the most part... from today on I will seriously consider any and all voyage offers. Contacting me personally via PM or email would be preferred.

I am located in Texas but I am more than willing to fly into any port for departure as needed.

cant wait to hear from you, thanks in advance!

Old 21-10-2013, 17:06   #2

Boat: Gulfstar Sail Master 47
I would consider you. We are currently in the Dominican Republic heading south
Old 21-10-2013, 17:08   #3

Boat: Gulfstar Sail Master 47
Check out our website asimplelife.us
Old 21-10-2013, 18:14   #4

Re: Caribbean/Bahamas?

Thanks, I sent you a PM with more information.

Tags
Bahamas, Caribbean, rib